Gear Addict!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you got to be addicted to something...

it is an affliction that you share with many. I have a mild case but it once was a raging fever. My paycheck from the diveshop sometimes didn't cover the bill for equipment, even with the discount. Yes, I owed my soul to the company store...and in this case the devil wore seaquest, usd, and other brands...

Is there a twelve step program for Gear Addiction?

And are Gear Addiction and Tech Diver synonymous?

if there is a plan i need to begin it. Just went out and bougt a whites dry suit the other day:D

Hello,
My name is Kevin, and I too have Gear Accusition Syndrome. Although I more consider it a character trait than a problem.
I built a new set of OMS LP 85 doubles on Saturday ... and I didn't even need them.

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to. Besides it's a safety issue, we need top notch new shiney gear to be safe when we go deep and cold. At least that's what I told myself when I ordered 2 new regs last week, bringing my regulator count up to 7.

Way to go, Jimmer!

I have a walk in closet full of dive gear, plus my avatar tank cabinet has room for at least 6 more tanks.

Way to go, Jimmer!

I have a walk in closet full of dive gear, plus my avatar tank cabinet has room for at least 6 more tanks.

I may have to rent some space in your cabinet, I have 2 sets of doubles, and a single 72, 80, 40, 30. Oh and a 13 cf drysuit bottle.

Gear addicts unite!!

On top of the tanks I just bought, Santa Clause...I mean the post office just delievered another piece of equipment in the mail. :D

I have to admit: I just don't get you guys. I'm always amazed when a post on some trivial gear question spawns a giant thread. Yet, posts on marine life, dive sites, etc. get relatively little action.

For me, equipment is just a means to and end: the diving itself. But, there are certainly worse addictions than dive gear -- go for it!

I have to admit: I just don't get you guys. I'm always amazed when a post on some trivial gear question spawns a giant thread.

Well I'm an engineer, and therefore by definition a gearhead. I dunno what everyone else's excuse is.

P.S. NJ Diver, what other toys did you just get?

Back
Top Bottom