I am off to Iraq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bahrain is where iraqs oil platforms are. I will be floating around them and going up rivers. Shouldnt be as bad as Iraq but there has been attacks on cutters everyonce in awhile. Only 2 Coast Guard deaths in that area, so my chances are good to make it out in one piece, that makes it eaiser to sleep at least. I feel for the guys like my Brother in-law (Marine) who is in Baghdad right now.

Bahrain is not in Iraq, is it?

I think it's pretty safe there, unless I am mistaken.

Thank you for your service and hope the time goes fast for you.

JB says you can have a beer at the Desert Dome, but watch out for the dancing bears.

(I think they are Russian strippers :no)

Wikipedia calls Bahrain "Middle East lite" ...I just read this, fastest growing economy and biggest middle class.

My buddy just told me the exact same thing about the Russian Strippers and the Desert Dome. I will send pics!!

Be safe! Thank you for keeping us safe!! I appreciate it.

Randy

Please be safe...What branch are you in? My son's in the Navy, stationed up in Jacksonville for 2 years

keep checking in if you can.

am interested in your experience there!

If you're going to Bahrain, you'll be ok. It's HQ of the US 5th Fleet, and the Navy has a 232 year tradition of watching out for Coasties, Marines, orphans, and anyone else requiring benevolent supervision.
I don't know about orphans in Bahrain, but there were some real cuties in Hong Kong painting the warships for scrap metal and sodaselling rights on the fantail.
Good luck over there and have some fun.

Recieved orders the other day, looks like I deploy in May and will be in Baharain. No spearguns allowed:(, Guess I will have to make a pole spear or sling when I get there.
Several things...

First and foremost... Thank you for your service! It is needed and it is appreciated!

Second... god speed and safe mission(s)

If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask for it (here) We will all be happy to provide what we can
----
I am too old and the service won't accept me, but... I would go in a heartbeat... I believe in the over all mission..

Again, Thank you for your service and don't be afraid to update us with your progress!

Be safe there. I just got back from a year long deployment to Landstuhl Germany (go figure the Navy in Germany). I was working in the hospital there. You will have a good deployment, and from what I have seen, things are getting better there. Just remember if you have a beer or two to be safe, as the majority of non combat injuries occur when some one drinks and figures they are invincible. Those injuries have been worse than some of the combat injuries I saw. Have a good tour. Fair winds and following seas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom