Your top 10 "Wish List" of critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After reading about Becky's first Monk Seal sighting I got to thinking ... what would I like to see.

Here are the rules:
Only post critters you have not seen yet
Post in order of importance to you (most desirous first)
I'm only listing what I want to see locally, but you can expand your list if you like.

easy eh?

Here's my Hawaii list

1) Humpback Whale
2) Dolphin (don't care which kind)
3) Tiger shark
4) Sting Ray
5) Hammerhead shark
6) Giant Grouper
7) Mahimahi
8) Seahorse
9) Verified Hawksbill turtle (I might have seen one last week, but am not sure)
10) Hawaiian Turkeyfish

What would you like to see?

First off great post! This is a great idea. Second, wish you could have seen the dolphins we had with Gabe Scotti right before I left. I was lucky enough to be getting out from doing the mooring ball and BAM there they were! Free diving with them was so great. And then, they let us scuba with them too. Gabe got some great video and I got a little bit, but I have to tweak it. Can send you someif your interested. As for the wish list here it goes:

1)Humpback Whale
2)Tiger Shark
3)Manta Ray
4)Monk seal
5)Great White Shark (But that can be anywhere... anyone up for a trip downunder?)
6)Hammerhead Shark
7)Whale shark
8)Sea Horse
9)Flying Gurnard
10) Not really too sure... Have to steal another one from ya kidspot and say MahiMahi.

Here is the pic I got of Gabe. If you can think of any way to get the washwhite out so the dolphins are a little more clear, i'd appericate any help. Thanks again

ooh - I forgot about whale sharks ... I think that might have to move up to #3 for me ... thx SO many amazing animals out there... guess we'll just have to keep diving eh?

1. mermaid - a real one prefer red hair like my beautiful wife. are they in hawaiin waters?
2. whale shark
3. humpback
4. great white
5. hammerhead(did the shark dive at ocean center, but dont count that)
6. dolphin
7. galopagos shark - always fun to see sharks of any kind
8. thornback cowfish - a fish with 2 horns how cool
9. long arm sand octo - i love the octo always treat to see for me even the day octo
10. white spotted jelly - had to pull out the book for that one. i do enjoy watching jellies

Im always down for going looking for these guys. I hit up Okinawa soon and hope to get some diving down there in like 3 days or so. Its going to be cold, but hey who knows what i will see. Cough:: whale shark::

1)Tiger shark
2)manta
3)monk seal
4)dragon moray
5)mantis shrimp
6)really, any shark
7)whale
8)mahi mahi
9)the mantle of a cowry
10)the dive buddies that i haven't seen in a while.

1. Whale shark
2. humpback
3. manta
4. Galapagos shark
5. blue ringed octopus
6. my old dive buddies from the search and rescue team
7. tiger shark (from a distance)
8. spinner dolphins
9. peacock mantis
10. giant grouper

Not being a traveler just listing Hawaii and the invertebrate list is way too long to pick only ten so:

Marlin, swordfish or sailfish
Whale Shark
Megamouth Shark
Great White Shark
Hammerhead Shark
Four frogfish swimming
Mola Mola
Turkeyfish
Longtail Dragonet
One of those pesky things I suspect are Sandburrowers before they disappear

ooh - I forgot about whale sharks ... I think that might have to move up to #3 for me ... thx SO many amazing animals out there... guess we'll just have to keep diving eh?

talk about odd stuff! I just got told I am leaving tomorrow for Okinawa for like 7 days. Put out a SB blog looking for dive sites and what do I find. A Okinawa Whale Shark diving adventure! oh yes, this might be too good to be true, but we shall see.

1)Cuttlefish
2)Harlequin shrimp
3)Jolly Green Giant nudibranch
4)Manta Ray
5)Dragon Moray
6)Sting Ray
7)Turkeyfish
8)Flying Gurnard
9)Humpback Whale (close up)
10)Lots more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back