Diver missing on Cape Breton in Nanaimo 11/24/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Scuba Board,

I would like to thank everyone for thier kind thoughts. It is a terrible time for all of us who were fortunate enough to know him.

I would also, specifically like to thank Dave. Its been very difficult to read this thread, but knowing you're there to answer questions.. well I couldn't ask for more. Daniel thought the world of you. I have heard story after story of your diving adventures; not one of which passing without Daniel's eyes lighting up and his laugh overtaking his speach (i'm sure you'll know exactly what I mean.)

Daniel loved to live life more than anything else in the world. He wanted to do anything that other people couldn't. Daniel had often said that he didn't want to know when his time was up. He wanted to go 'quick and fast'. I would always argue that people would want to say goodbye, but Daniel would have none of it. Being Daniel, he would never believe so many people even knew his name. He was always one to underestimate how much he was cherished but at least he was able to live and die the way he wanted.

My time with him has been the happiest I've ever known. Full of weekend getaways, dive trips and lots of couch time to dream up new adventures. I cannot fathom moving on, but I know one day I'll have to. So will all of us. I know when that time comes Daniel would simply want to be remembered in our heart. I am lucky though, Daniel loved me so much maybe it'll be enough to last my lifetime. Everywhere I turn I'm faced with a memory of him that makes me smile. He permeated my life, and I am so greatful for that.

For everyone else, I hope you too can remember the good times you've had with him. Please stop questioning his actions. Daniel was the best diver I've ever known, and one day I will share my last moments with him. There is a lot to what is being said that is wrong, and even more that is missing.

His loving girlfriend,
Candace

Candace,

Thank you for taking the time to stop in here. Your message, though sad, sounds as though he had a positive impact on your life. May those memories last you forever.

-MissD

Edit: Candace, this thread is probably going to be split into two. One for condolences and one for discussion on the accident. The condolences thread will be appropriate for printing, if you would like.

I am sorry to hear of another accident, especially one that could have been avoided. My condolences to all those who are left behind.

Candace, I hope you find some peace and continue to keep the fond memories that you have of him close to your heart.

Dive Safe!
Carolyn:sharks:

(edited after a PM. Hopefully the dive report will give us lessons to learn from.)

I forget who said this; so much has happened this week.

"A vaccum is unnatural in the world. In the absence of fact, people will make things up."

I forget who said this; so much has happened this week.

"A vaccum is unnatural in the world. In the absence of fact, people will make things up."

And that is sooooo true. Sorry you have had to experience all of the speculations and unsolicited opinions. May God be with you and yours during trying times.

sharkcandy, we are all truly sorry for your loss.

i am curios though, you say people are making things up.In this group?

All I've seen is u were diving a wreck with no line and you were on a single tank. (was it an 80?)what of this is incorrect?

again sorry for your loss.

i am curios though, you say people are making things up.In this group?

All I've seen is u were diving a wreck with no line and you were on a single tank. (was it an 80?)what of this is incorrect?

All in good time, divingelf. Don't be in such a hurry to pressure Candace for information when it's clear that feelings are still so raw. I'm sure she'll speak when she's ready.

All in good time, divingelf. Don't be in such a hurry to pressure Candace for information when it's clear that feelings are still so raw. I'm sure she'll speak when she's ready.

ok

~elf

I'm not sure it's even necessary for her to speak. Given the penchant on ScubaBoard for people to jump all over someone who makes even a perceived "mistake", I can't see that anything of value would come of discussing what may have led up to this accident.

I think most of us already know all we need to about this accident. Let the woman grieve, for God's sake. If mistakes were made, I have no doubt she's already aware of them ... and nobody else stands to gain anything constructive by discussing them on a public forum.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom