Cutesy DM position advertised at Tampa Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can make more than $10 an hour standing next to a freeway off ramp with a "homeless" sign in your hand.

no you're not doing this job for the money..............but really, what "is" your time worth?

Personnaly, mine is worth more than $10 an hour whether I'm diving or not.

It's better than what some AQ's pay... trust me on that one. Although it does kick your butt and if you are leading people on dives in a tank it can be VERY trying!! No one seems to understand that "DO NOT TOUCH THE FISH" means exactly that. It is fun though, and definitely something to look into if you are trying to get out of the recreational part of diving and into the more scientific realm.

I'd do it, once I am retired, I'd bored enough to puts around the aquarium. Old folks do this type of stuff for free, just to keep their brain working.... Don't laugh, $9.50 is enough, especially if you can write off your dive trips as business expense! The IRS might catch up to us, one of this day, like those "horse" farmers. I know the local pool pays about 8 to 9 bucks an hour for lifeguards and swim instructors, and a few retired folks do it just to keep themself busy.

I think this job expired... um... months ago...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom