Best drysuit ordering experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
As many of you know, I am in the market for a BARE Nex-Gen drysuit package in the next month or 2. I would like to know your ordering experiences from the dealers that have been discussed here on Scubaboard. I am not naming dealer names as to not bias any opinions expressed by anyone beforehand. I will leave that to your reply.
My main criteria are the best price and service and standing by the prices as advertised online and not playing games with customers in any way.

THANKS!

I really like my bare nex gen pro.. its reliable and warrantied. I work in heavy flow, ice, snow, mud and around steel. Now the entire purchase experience can be found on another post here. Before I heard nothing but good things about divetank.com from 4 other divers that I dive with when Im not working. This is why I went with them. Rich was wonderful with communication as well as Jewlz... Hopefully I can get my issure resolved without any problem tomorrow. Package price was 799 and that was a great deal I believe. Good luck

We'll be waiting to see how it turns out for you. How a company handles a customer after the sale means everything. If it's on the web site a company should stand by it or take it off.

For best price you could try to find one used, but in good condition. It's a popular model suit that lots of people have bought as their first drysuit (myself included), but then later upgraded or sold because they lost or gained weight and the suit stopped fitting.

As for my Nex-Gen experience, it has worked fine and been a great suit. I only switched because I got a great deal on used but new 3mm compressed neo suit off ebay, and I ended up liking it better because it was warmer and more flexible, but I still kept the Nex-Gen for backup.

I ordered my Bare Nex-Gen Pro from Divetank.com. You may want to ask if Richard has any deals on gently used rental suits. The only issue I had with my drysuit was the fit. I had to pay to ship back a Medium-Tall drysuit package. Divetank was helpful in sending out a Medium replacement package, but they did so by charging my credit card again. This seemed fair to me, since my card was credited with the return of the original as soon as they received it.

I have ordered non-drysuit items from ScubaToys...and they are very good about pricematching LeisurePro prices over the phone. Keep in mind that, if you go with ScubaToys, you won't get your 10% ScubaBoard discount on pricematched items. So far, the customer service at ScubaToys has been very good.

Good luck with your purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom