Three Russian divers missing in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brett Gilliam had a few dive pro's meet him in the bahamas and wanted to conclude that you can dive to 300 fsw or some where around there. He tied a couple of some 80's together with what ever and made the dive. A few others did this also they stopped at there own tolerance, one diver I think only made to 170 and turned back. Back up on the boat they discussed it, cause brett has heard so much of toxic past 220 or so. Just wanted these people to know everybody is different, I wanna say he went to 330 or 319, I cant remember. Brett dives alot and deep so his body was condition for this.
So I started trying this since I dive deep all the time and its true,Although I get narced I'm use to narcosis for periods of time on the other hand My wife say's she doesn't get narced. I wished I could figure it out, But then again the reason I love to dive deep is to get wacked out of it. Once you go to the surface it goes away. The only way to do it on a 80 tank is extremely fast , you better be good though if you hit something or bottom at that speed it could hurt. Or others can be way way better on air than I am and take it slower.
Doubles are easy to set up nowa day's with cam straps for travel diving.
My opion diving doubles is the way to go after a deep dive you can do a shallow dive without switching out.

Brett Gilliam had a few dive pro's meet him in the bahamas and wanted to conclude that you can dive to 300 fsw or some where around there. He tied a couple of some 80's together with what ever and made the dive. A few others did this also they stopped at there own tolerance, one diver I think only made to 170 and turned back. Back up on the boat they discussed it, cause brett has heard so much of toxic past 220 or so. Just wanted these people to know everybody is different, I wanna say he went to 330 or 319, I cant remember. Brett dives alot and deep so his body was condition for this.
So I started trying this since I dive deep all the time and its true,Although I get narced I'm use to narcosis for periods of time on the other hand My wife say's she doesn't get narced. I wished I could figure it out, But then again the reason I love to dive deep is to get wacked out of it. Once you go to the surface it goes away. The only way to do it on a 80 tank is extremely fast , you better be good though if you hit something or bottom at that speed it could hurt. Or others can be way way better on air than I am and take it slower.
My opion diving doubles is the way to go after a deep dive you can do a shallow dive without switching out.

... ...
... ... :rofl3: ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...... ... :rofl3:... ...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:...

... ... ... ... ... ...:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:...

...:rofl3:...

Call me conservative, but wouldn't oxygen toxicity be the issue? Assuming you could make the fast ascent rate without getting bent or blowing out your lungs it seems this would kick in first.

90m/300ft insane! I am glad my Russian wife does not dive.

AZ

What you're describing is an article from Aquacorp magazine dated sometime in the late 90's. I have the article somewhere? Needless to say, what they did then is not what anyone should be practicing now. Some of the people involved in that dive were something else...and that's not a compliment!

X

_Caverns Measureless to Man_ by Sheck Exley has a bunch of stories in it about dives roughly like this to 400+ feet...

Is the book any good? I need to get some good books full of diving stories... and cautionary tales.

What you're describing is an article from Aquacorp magazine dated sometime in the late 90's. I have the article somewhere? Needless to say, what they did then is not what anyone should be practicing now. Some of the people involved in that dive were something else...and that's not a compliment!

X

Remember Mr.X, Russia is a little behind…

No nation is perfect. These Russians didn't mind drowning themselves for the heck of it. So what? Noone else got hurt right? DIR or Do It like Russians, is a matter of personal preference.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Is the book any good? I need to get some good books full of diving stories... and cautionary tales.

It's a very well written book by a true explorer. He was so humble yet did things that most of us could only dream about.

BTW: This book has both: Good success stories as well as cautionary tales. Imagine using a milk jug as a buoyancy compensator!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom