You'll die if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Live is the way that lead to the dead,the beetwen the time for spirit,createt by gods

will....

E.L.7*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a year in scuba it seems like I have heard about a million ways you can kill yourself. Some are obvious and serious. Others are the result of an unlikely (though not impossible) chain of events. And there are those which just start arguments. Which is not my goal--I just thought it would be fun to list the Nine Million Ways to Die.

You'll die if...

You don't cut the balls off your dump valve pulls
You go into a cenote without cave training
You do a swim-through without cave training
You rely on a dive computer
You dive solo
You dive a rebreather
You don't have the LDS assemble your new regulator
You use a corrugated hose with pull-dump
You hold your breath
Your boat leaves without you
You use a Halcyon stainless steel inflator
You "elevator" lever gets snagged
You go below 60 feet without taking AOW
You do a night dive without taking a class
You are hit by a diver falling off the boat ladder
You kick up the silt
Your Velcro weight pouches fall off
You can't get to your knife with both hands

... you get the idea.

What are the other Nine Million Ways to Die? I know I am forgetting some good ones.

You will die if someone touches your gear and you aint as badddd as the toucher!!!:crafty:

Oh - if you enter the water on a shoredive without shuffling your feet - you're gonna die!

Don't hold your mask and reg when you do the giant stride or reverse entry - yup, you're a gonner there too!

You'll die if you don't stay away from the ladder!

You'll die if you dive to collect golf balls.

Funny, I've heard the banana-on-a-diveboat thing too...didn't know it was a thing.
I didn't, either. Evidently there was a bad luck situation on one of the dive boats caused by a banana on board...or something. I'd never heard it before then. I spent a lot of time trying to get clarification...how about a peanut butter and banana sandwich? No? How about dried bananas? No? How about banana pudding? No? Okay, so NO bananas, I get it! LOL

I didn't, either. Evidently there was a bad luck situation on one of the dive boats caused by a banana on board...or something. I'd never heard it before then. I spent a lot of time trying to get clarification...how about a peanut butter and banana sandwich? No? How about dried bananas? No? How about banana pudding? No? Okay, so NO bananas, I get it! LOL

I reckon thats the same as never EVER taking apricots in an armored personnel carrier, tank, or same such vehicle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom