Top 10 wreck wish list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt if you can get hold of a copy of this book it will go along way to get you started in the Lakes....... Seawolf Communications

Definitely pick up the Cris Kohl books. I have most of them. There is a 2nd edition of the GL Wreck Diving Guide coming out, so be sure and get that one.

I was lucky enough to do three GL wreck trips this year ... Waukegan IL, Door County WI (Gills Rock) and Port Sanilac MI. I'm already planning hopefully at least three more trips next year!

Definitely get up to the Lakes when you can. IMO we have many of the worlds best wrecks and many of the best wreck divers around! I'm certainly not yet one of them, but sure hope to be some day.

As long as I get to wish:

Working from the US East Coast towards the Sun
- RMS Republic - it is about 5 miles from the Doria but older and deeper.
- Out near the Nantucket Lightship station are 5 wrecks that were sunk by U-53 before the US entered WWI. This was after U-53 paid a good will visit to Newport RI in 1916.
- The wrecks in the Bell Island Anchorage, Conception Bay, Newfoundland (wrecks, whales, and icebergs all in the same day!)
Off the Northern Tip of Newfoundland is a ship called the 'Canadian' that has never been dove.
Up in Northern Greenland is the USS Polaris – way north like at 82 degrees north above Tule.
RMS Carpathia
RMS Egypt
Any of the Scapa Flow wrecks
Other UK area Cunard Line ships are Lusitania, Campania, Aurania, Andania, and Alaunia
The Baltic! – Intact Wrecks that date from the 1500s up to today
The Med – Bunches there but real deep. I would like to see the British Battleships off of Gallipoli and the Austrailian sub AE2
HMS Hermes - off Sri Lanka
HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales - Malaysia
SMS Emden – Cocos Islands Australia, The most successful raiding cruiser on WWI or WWII.
USS Saratoga - Bikini Atoll
SMS Dresden - Juan Fernandez Islands, Chile, a sister ship to SMS Emden

That should do for now.

Pete Johnson

U-215, the only U boat to be sunk in Canadian water during battle in WWII. About 270 feet deep.

MDL = minimum deco limits.

Taught in GUE's DIRF (a more conservative ascent than that taught by open water agencies) The OP has presumably taken GUE's DIRF and would know this if he's working on their Tech1.

I kinda doubt the OP will be able to continue with GUE Tech2 given the medical history. They are very conservative with any kind of prior injuries and deco. You should check into this with GUE HQ.

H.M.S. Suxas was a ship in the19th.c loadet with 200tons gold guardet by 11

protection vessel,the convoi is told disapeart forever ....

E.L.7*

thanks for the links ill get the great lakes book

i know what min deco is but didnt know what mdl was. And i got the ok from my doc so i can dive deco all i want. the class is now called gue-f not dirf

As long as I get to wish:

Working from the US East Coast towards the Sun
- RMS Republic - it is about 5 miles from the Doria but older and deeper.
- Out near the Nantucket Lightship station are 5 wrecks that were sunk by U-53 before the US entered WWI. This was after U-53 paid a good will visit to Newport RI in 1916.
- The wrecks in the Bell Island Anchorage, Conception Bay, Newfoundland (wrecks, whales, and icebergs all in the same day!)
Off the Northern Tip of Newfoundland is a ship called the 'Canadian' that has never been dove.
Up in Northern Greenland is the USS Polaris – way north like at 82 degrees north above Tule.
RMS Carpathia
RMS Egypt
Any of the Scapa Flow wrecks
Other UK area Cunard Line ships are Lusitania, Campania, Aurania, Andania, and Alaunia
The Baltic! – Intact Wrecks that date from the 1500s up to today
The Med – Bunches there but real deep. I would like to see the British Battleships off of Gallipoli and the Austrailian sub AE2
HMS Hermes - off Sri Lanka
HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales - Malaysia
SMS Emden – Cocos Islands Australia, The most successful raiding cruiser on WWI or WWII.
USS Saratoga - Bikini Atoll
SMS Dresden - Juan Fernandez Islands, Chile, a sister ship to SMS Emden

That should do for now.

Pete Johnson

wow very nice list

Looks like some amazing wrecks off the coast of Italy. Check out the Portofino Divers site.

There's some cool clips on YouTube :

When do you plan to take Tech 1 ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom