Diver missing on Cape Breton in Nanaimo 11/24/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any word as to whether his tanks were empty or not?

The RCMP were not releasing any information pending the coroner's inquest. Hopefully they will let Dave or Ken know some of their findings.

Dear Dave
Words cannot express the feelings toward you and all those involved. All during this time, you people have remained the ones that many of us helpless have depended on. You helped get us through..you brought Daniel home.
Heartfelt thanks to all
-Trudy

It was about 3pm thursday
I'm not sure if I sent my reply to you correctly. I'll attach it here

Dear Dave
Words cannot express the feelings toward you and all those involved. All during this time, you people have remained the ones that many of us helpless have depended on. You helped get us through..you brought Daniel home.
Heartfelt thanks to all
-Trudy

Candace,

May God be with you during this very difficult time. You will meet with Daniel again as he is home with God and awaits your meeting.

Dive in Daniels honor, remember what he gave to you and those he touched.

God Bless,
Greg

I have an update on this thread. The police have released the information concerning Daniel's tank pressure. When recovered his back tanks contained 150psi and his deco bottle was completely empty. This does not mean that the pressure did not leak out in the 2 weeks it took to recover him but it does add one last fact to the equation.

Dave, thank you for the update.

I'll continue to pray for those you who were his friends and family. I hope during the Christmas season your thoughts will be flooded with memories of all the good times you were able to share with him and why he meant so much to you. It will certainly not minimize his loss, but I hope as you spend time thinking of him and sharing thoughts of him that it will bring you some comfort.

At 125 feet that is over 5 bar of pressure so 150 PSI goes to just about nothing at that depth.

Mike

I know it may be too early to ask this but I don't want to miss out on the chance to help.

Anyone know if either ARSBC or other organization is planning to either remove the downed ceiling material, or close down access to the compartment(s)?

If looking for volunteers and/or contributions, please post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom