Overcharges to Credit Card from Divetank.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW.. I never guessed this would spark such a response. My issue with dive tank was solved today. Rich contacted me and credited my card the "other" charge. Rich was prompt to respond to every email I sent concerning the delima and was working on solving the issue as soon as he got wind of it. Good luck and thanks for the support!!..

To everyone that posted to this topic thanks for the support and I sincerely hope you happen across a solution to your delimas as well.

Dive safe!!

I too must say, to keep the full disclosure going, Rich really got on the case two days ago and my issue is fixed. I've had several calls and emails with him as he worked tirelessly to get my refund executed in between what sounds like some painful dental surgery for him. It hit my credit card today and I'm glad to be made whole. It's been interesting to get to know Richard a bit through this process. I believe I would buy from Dive Tank again as I know Richard is a guy who will take care of business when it comes down to it. (And no I'm not getting paid to write this.)

Happy diving all - Rod

rod777 I read every word you wrote twice. You sounded very convincing when you explained why you "can say without hesitation that I will not order from them again nor can I recommend them." And I do not understand why you say three days later:

I believe I would buy from Dive Tank again as I know Richard is a guy who will take care of business when it comes down to it. (And no I'm not getting paid to write this.)

Richard refunded you and you are happy now? So all this rhetoric was meant to get your refund? That's it?

Well, being on the market for dry-suit, I am sure glad I read this thread. While it's great that dive tank resolved all the issues, it's a pity that it does take people complaining on a public board to get things finally resolved.

Sorry but this post makes no sense....You are telling me you can not look up the zip code it's being mailed to, you do not know in advance what size box the order will take, nor you are incapable of knowing what material will be used on the order???....Richard, come on, a little reading comprehension is all it takes.........
The Orginal shipping was to be $69, however the Suit had to be sent from Bare Factory in Langley BC which is where they are made. Shipping came down to a crunch for the client, so we had agreed to charge $110 for a one day or two day service. The charges where done on the wifes card, so there might have been some comunication problem. We only charged the for the differents. Bare suit come from Vancouver canada, and this why we do over 50-80 drysuits world wide alone for Bare/Fitzwright at month. Shipping for overnight can be expensive. However we always take this shipping price off our best price or include it, for accounting purposes it will show or not be shown on the invoice. This is why sometimes these posts are very negetive towards our business. The whole story in not exposed. The only reason we try to respond is to cover our butt as well, this is how we make a living after all. We also get a auto-email everytime a post is put on the web(all boards) about Divetank Dive Shop. Seams the ration is 100 good posts and we get one bad one, this true for most businesses,,,s...t happens. We do try really hard to please everyone one. This is why we have have a 60 day or 90 day return exchange policy on purchases. If your unhappy with the product or service we will try to solve it asap. We do about 190k revenue a month and have over 30,000 customers in Canada and the US. Doing this for over 30 years and still trying to do the best job we can. If anyone reads a bad or negetive post, please email us and give us a chance to give you an explanation from our side. We do give to members 10-30 percent off gear purchases. So give us a try and we will also do free shipping and charge zero taxes.

Staff
Divetank Dive Shop

Well, being on the market for dry-suit, I am sure glad I read this thread. While it's great that dive tank resolved all the issues, it's a pity that it does take people complaining on a public board to get things finally resolved.
Sometimes frustration can lead to this. We had a customer order a custom drysuit from one of the top 3 drysuit builders here in North America. Was not happy with the suit"at all", because the color was not the what she expected as seen in the Catalog or factory website, Because it was a custom cut suit for a 5"3 190 pound diver. There was nothing we could do for her on a custom suit ordered based on measurments given by the client. The factory or Divetank Dive Shop had its hands tied on this order. After going public on the web regarding the issue, the factory built her a custom color and even ordered her a special fabric they have never used to best match what she would be happy with. The posting about 5 years ago made us and the manufacture look like a dork, it was nasty, nasty. We will go to end to make it happen. We have read postings on boards, not knowing we had not resolved the issue in-house, this can happen, we all know this. Please, Please if there is a issue and the Divetank Dive Shop staff cannot help you out, please call Family members at Richard Hally SoCal cell 13109516509, blackberry 16048054621, , office 18778972822 toll free ext:5, Ota Hally Snr 16042301082,fax bc 16044334585,WA state office fax 13603713631 we want to hear about it.

Rich... Free Shipping (as stated above) was included on the initial purchase price of 799. This was not any special xtra shipping fees. Then I wanted it shipped faster. Not a problem here.. Then the 1st charge was made. (noticed I said 1st) This was was not a charge without shipping exact numbers fail me at this time. I do remember that it was more than the initial suit cost of 799.. No problem with this either.... Problem was that 1 week later there was another charge. A non authorized charge. That was the problem. Dont blame it on "wifes credit card" or ???? NO matter whos credit card it wont go until the numbers and everything was correct right?? I even got a call from US Bank asking if the charge was "true" and wanted to make sure it was ok. .. The entire problem was the second charge.. not and hour later, not a day but one week later. That was down right wrong.. you dont charge someones credit card one time and then come back a week later and figure - ohh what the heck we didnt charge enough.. lets charge more since we still have the card information...That just isnt right...However after all of this you and Jewlz handled it greatly and I appreciate it. Our issue is resolved.

Just my 2cents..... I have had 2 transactions with Richard @ dive tank. I would rate the experience 5 stars! Richard really cares about his reputation and would do anything to "right a wrong" I would not hesitate to do business w/ DT again.

I would check again to make sure it was not a fee charged to you by your credit card company caused by the fact that they ran the charge through Vast Ventures, Inc. which is located in British Columbia, Canada.

I had a charge of approximately $50.00 charged by my credit card company. I had a copy of the invoice that clearly stated the bottom line in USD. The dry suit was shipped from Blaine, WA in the USA.

I called Richard and complained and indicated the charge was unacceptable and he should have processed the charge to the credit card within the USA.

The bottom line is Richard from DiveTank had a credit issued to offset the international transaction fee charged by my credit card company.
Something similar happened to me. Richard and I agreed on a shipping-included price of $179 for a suit. The web site lead me to believe that they charge US$ and ship from US. But Divetank charged me $179CN, which was more than $179US. Then my Visa card added a foreign exchange fee. I explained the problem, and after a few emails and phone calls Divetank is refunding both the currency difference and the Visa fee.
Certainly Divetank is honest, and their prices are good, but lack of clarity about US versus CN currency and shipping can be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom