FNG Hillbilly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireplug

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanting to soapbox for a minute about myself as an introduction to all. New open water PADI. Took my course with Captain Rick McFarland out of Columbus, Ohio. I've dove St. Croix, Key Largo, Fla, Gillboa and Circleville Quarries in Ohio. Am a retired state fire marshal, inspection. Currently work part time for Pierce dealer delivering and shuffling fire trucks around mid-west. Currently enrolled with Capt. Rick for my advanced. Want to do all the education I can absorb/afford. Have held intermediate EMT for 15 years and am currently a Captain on a Fire Dept. Heavy Rescue. Have gotten all of my own equipment to include a Seaquest Pro XLT BC, Apecks XTX50 primary & octo, Henderson 7 mil, and a 4 inch Gerber dive knife to fight off sea beasts, pesky people & any other irritants.

Currently in SE Ohio wishing I was in the Keys. It's gotta be 5 o'clock down there.

Good to meet another Buckeye. I'm displaced here in GA, but it is 70 degrees right now and FLA is only half a day away.
Can we beat LSU? GO BUCKS
PS: how was the pumpkin festival?

welcome to the board!

Welcome to the board! With your past it sounds like you'd do great in the rescue course once you get 25 dives under your belt.

welcome aboard!!!
great sport to keep you occupied!!!
you can be a valuable asset to dive rescue in your dept.
keep going!!!

Thanks for all the replies to my intro. I'm about 3 hours from the pumpkin show but I'm sure it was the good time it always has been. I plan on taking the dive rescue deal but really am not too enthused about diving in the Muskingum River we service. I had a friend of mine who dove in it and who got himself inside a 55 gallon drum. He still gets twitchy when he talks about it. The visibility in this river is measured in single inches on a good day. We have had to drag for bodies and have pulled up shopping carts, outboard motors, tree branches, bed springs, you name it. I'd just as soon stick with diving in quarries and the ocean where I can at least see a body length away from myself. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom