In the Army now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgri once bubbled...
hey norcaldiver, what unit where you with? I was 11b with the 10th mtn div.:mgun:

lessee....2/4th INF, Heilbronn, Germany, then 1/327thINF-101st ABN-Ft. Campbell, then I got all REMF'd out and spend time in as a range geek Grafenwoehr and then training NCO at Ft. Belvoir in DC.

RICHinNC once bubbled...
Some advice from an old signal dude....
keep your mouth shut....work hard....for god's sake dont cry....and do your best.....dont expect the army...just like life ,,,to be fair...neither are.

hang tough....

Amber..

Couldn't have said it better. I both took basic and was Officer Commanding on two of them. And please don't take the "dont cry" as a sexist comment.... It is a red flag to the DIs no matter who is doing the crying..

Trust me, it is worth everything.

Remember the miltiary training motto "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined"

Good choice going into Army Aviation. I worked on Cobras, Hueys and 58s. I had the time of my life.

Good Luck.

Only advice I can give is pay attention, keep your mouth shut, and follow the rules.

Once you make it to basic training become a ghost! Once you make it to your MOS training then try to be the best.

Basic training is just that...basic training. There is NO NEED to mention JROTC or any of that stuff.

Don't be like the idiot in my cycle that was from JROTC and corrected the Drill Sgt. on his drilling procedure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck and stick to your guns on the MOS of your choice.

Let's be clear about one thing. On your contract is a statement that you will be given the option to choose a career you would like...however....you will be given the career they want you to have...."the needs of the service"...clause. Like i said, its isnt always fair......can be very good.....very surprising.....very rewarding....and suck too.

cid90 once bubbled...
Once you make it to basic training become a ghost! Once you make it to your MOS training then try to be the best.

Basic training is just that...basic training. There is NO NEED to mention JROTC or any of that stuff.

Don't be like the idiot in my cycle that was from JROTC and corrected the Drill Sgt. on his drilling procedure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck and stick to your guns on the MOS of your choice.

Good advice!! We had people in our cycle that had the same problem when they said that they were in ROTC.

So funny...

also not a good idea to laugh in formation but boy if you do there is no way to stop smiking!!!

Man it is great thinking back about it... you will not remember how crappy your felt at times...

Jeff

rmediver2002 once bubbled...

So funny...

also not a good idea to laugh in formation but boy if you do there is no way to stop smiking!!!

Man it is great thinking back about it... you will not remember how crappy your felt at times...

Jeff

yeah it's kinda weird how for awhile your just scared to death of the Drill sgts. and then one day all the yelling doesnt affect you at all. You go from thinking their untouchable to not being able to take them seriously and trying hard not to laugh at some of them.:)

Them bumping the brown round on the bridge of your nose while yelling in your face?

Gosh how do you keep a straight face?

"You smiling at me private?"

thinking..."yeah dummy" but responding "no drill Sgt."

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom