What regs do you use for tech diving and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got them? You lucky bastard, I can't wait to drool on them at LNQ :)

Yeah, got them last weekend. I'm pissed because I'm not going to be able to get back in the water and dive them until after the first of the year.

I saw that you might be going on the charter w/ A.S. on Jan 5th. Got your DS yet? I'm 90% I'm going to be signing up; If I can talk Ed into going, I'll definitely be in. Unfortunately I'll probably have to skip the COH though because I plan to spend an hour on the 18 fathom and they'll only let me bring one set of doubles.:(

Hooray!! My new Zeagle Flathead VI's that I've had on order for my doubles just arrived today, now I can slide my current doubles regs (Zeagle DSV and Oceanic Omega) over to stage use or single tank use. I just finished swapping the hoses around and hopefully I can get them in the water this weekend. :D

I have been tech-diving for 24 years and the combination of the current Scubapro MK 17 first stage and the Scubapro G250V second stage is the best rig that I've used. I do, though, trust the Mares MR 12 Abyss more than any other rig for deep diving (>200 feet).

Yeah, got them last weekend. I'm pissed because I'm not going to be able to get back in the water and dive them until after the first of the year.

I saw that you might be going on the charter w/ A.S. on Jan 5th. Got your DS yet? I'm 90% I'm going to be signing up; If I can talk Ed into going, I'll definitely be in. Unfortunately I'll probably have to skip the COH though because I plan to spend an hour on the 18 fathom and they'll only let me bring one set of doubles.:(

Well, my final checkouts got scheduled for that weekend so I'll be freezing my keister off at Jocassee. So I have to pass on this one. Why don't you scrounge up another 130 and use a transfill whip between dives? I know Ed has that stuff and I think AS will let you bring 3 tanks on board. That should give you plenty of gas to hit the COH. The DS shipped from DUI yesterday. Now it has to get to divetank and then to me, so hopefully I'll have it in the next week. I'll give you a call when it comes in.

</hijack>

Well, my final checkouts got scheduled for that weekend so I'll be freezing my keister off at Jocassee. So I have to pass on this one. Why don't you scrounge up another 130 and use a transfill whip between dives? I know Ed has that stuff and I think AS will let you bring 3 tanks on board. That should give you plenty of gas to hit the COH. The DS shipped from DUI yesterday. Now it has to get to divetank and then to me, so hopefully I'll have it in the next week. I'll give you a call when it comes in.

</hijack>

They're saying 3 tanks: 3 single tanks or 1 set of doubles & a stage. I'll fall into the latter. On the other hand, Ed won't have anything but his RB & a bailout. He could bring a LP 95 for me to transfill.

What's your instructor got planned for you @ Jocassee? PM me so we can end the hijack here.

Sorry OP

Custom Voit MR12 IIs. These are custom because I made the LP seats, I made the HP seats, I rechromed top covers from some old junkers and bumped the metal back straight and put them on the newer back cans, installed silicone exhaust and second stage diaphrams I got somewhere once upon a time. Then I installed two newer (late 80s ) Mares MR12 first stages. They are simple and reliable and breath nicely, I have two identical sets. The second stage seats tend to take a set so I always remove the volcano orifice--back it off during storage. These are being replaced by the better breathing, equally simple and robust (if not more so) AL Titan LX units, because I don't have to make parts for them or scrounge through ancient parts bins or beg parts from Mares dealers who could care less about anything older than three weeks.

DSCF0274.jpg

If the Titan LX had a metal second stage it would be the bomb.

N

My local LDS has a good deal on new MK16 / G250, so one step back in technology from the MK17/G250HP. Anybody has experience on comments on using these units for backgas?

Santa just brought me the MK25/S600

If the Titan LX had a metal second stage it would be the bomb.
N

Nemrod,

I am now using two Mares Proton Metal second stages, and they are the real deal. They are ultra simple, and have outstanding breathing effort.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom