Heavy Backplate Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen Man, excuse my ignorance but who exactly is Fred T ? Not a name that I have come across in my equipment searches so far.

Zen Man, excuse my ignorance but who exactly is Fred T ? Not a name that I have come across in my equipment searches so far.

Fred T is out of Mississippi. You won't find him on any google search. I would look him up in members here, or go to The Deco Stop and look for him there. If you truly cannot find him via those forums PM me here and I can give contact details. He makes terrific custom plates. I have ordered a bunch of items from him. His heaviest plate can weigh on the order of 17lbs! The custom design can entail specific bends, hole placement, finish...you name it.

One thing with a heavy plate is you never won't to drop it near a toe. It's so heavy that way you can expect a broken toe should it fall edge-down on a tootsie. :eyebrow:

X

PM Sent

EDIT: and thanks X for picking up my slack! :wink:

Hey Stephen Ash,

Didn't you have your heavy FredT for sale not to long ago or am I just narc'd? If so, I'm sure you already sold it. Just curious.

Buck

I sold a couple of his plates a while back... a 10# 1/4" and a 17# 3/8". Here's a pic of the 17 pounder.

fredT_plate_02a.jpg

One thing with a heavy plate is you never won't to drop it near a toe. It's so heavy that way you can expect a broken toe should it fall edge-down on a tootsie. :eyebrow:

X

Be careful not to drop it, or any SS plate, on your wing edge wise.

(Toes eventually heal :wink: )

Tobin

my contact iinfo is to e-mail me to ftagge@goldinc.com. I'll reply with the informatiion sheets, sizing info, and some ballasting hints. Be sure the address you use accepts attachments. E-mail accounts at scubaboard.com and most of the other scuba related boards don't.

FT

I have a Fred T plate (actually 2) and I love them but the 9lbs it alot to lug and especially for travel. I love his products and have nothing bad to say about them. If you are diving singles the adapter is another 4.5 lbs and V weights are a nice option and will affect trim just like a heavy plate.

The only dive travel I do is the 3-4 hour drive to the NC coast so I'm not concerned w/ the additional weight I'll have to lug around.

If I do get into traveling, I'll still have my DR 6 pounder.

FRED T - I shot you an email to the goldinc address

I've used his plates for a long time now and never any problem. Great fit also...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom