Final Cut Pro and White Balance for UW Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padishep

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used FCP's white balance feature to color correct DV? I'm getting ready to purchase the program and would like to hear if anyone has had any success with color correction/ white balance.

My video housing won't allow me to set white balance, but I understand that FCP allows you to "set" your white and black values and color adjusts from there.

So I was thinking of taking a white card uw and shoot it at depth, then shoot a quick shot of my fin.

Then DL into FCP and try this trick? anyone tried it?

shep

padishep once bubbled...
Has anyone used FCP's white balance feature to color correct DV? I'm getting ready to purchase the program and would like to hear if anyone has had any success with color correction/ white balance.

My video housing won't allow me to set white balance, but I understand that FCP allows you to "set" your white and black values and color adjusts from there.

So I was thinking of taking a white card uw and shoot it at depth, then shoot a quick shot of my fin.

Then DL into FCP and try this trick? anyone tried it?
shep

Keep us informed on how well it works.....please!

OTter

I went to a UW Video seminar at the Seascape diveshow in Houston in June and the guy used the colorbalancing on FCP. I was amazed with the improvement in the color of the video. I wished Premiere had a similar feature on the PC!!

/Mike
DiverGuy.com

Yeah, I hear ya aobut premiere. You can export a keyframe into Photoshop- color correct the frame then export it back into Premiere. Then you color balance the rest of the clip to the keyframe- but what a pain- and it only works so-so, because it's a judgment thing and it seems to change from clip to clip.

I hope FCP will do a good job- I'll post when I get the program and try it.

shep

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom