BC Questions & good online Halcyon stores?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

s3rp1c0

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, there sure are a lot of options out there as for BCs. This board is fantastic for research and am looking closely at Halcyon/D-R/OMS/Apeks WTX BP/W style. Since I can safely sidestep the buckle issue in a Hog setup (don't care) I'm looking for something I can get into easier with my seperated shoulder that sometimes bugs me.

Anywho, I can find most products and information but seem to have trouble finding Halcyon stuff for sale online. Do they just supply to traditional brick and morter stores?

One more:
Has anyone used the wing with integrated shoulder dump valve/inflater elbow thing (I think it was an Oxycheq). Apparently you just tug on the corrugated hose to dump air from your wing. It seems to me that it would be quite uncomfortable to pull it up in certain body orientations... any comments?

cheers and thanks for any/all comments...

Tom

Halcyon online suppliers were pretty well covered by previous posters.

As for the pull-dump thingy...
I would recommend that you avoid it entirely. Before I switched to a BPW setup, I had a buddy with the same model BCD as mine (Aqualung Seaquest QD+ Pro) that supposedly had the pull-dump feature. In trying to demonstrate this "feature" while we were at the surface, he yanked on it...only to find out that the corrugated hose had separated from his BCD! We fixed it...but I learned that it wasn't a very good feature to have if this is what happens when you pull a little too hard.

Of course, pull-dump valves (not integrated with the corrugated hose) are meant to be pulled. They are a proven design. I would just not be tugging too hard on that corrugated hose, eh?

Have fun and be safe.

Hehe... the ol' "everytime you tug on your corrugated hose, God kills a bunny" thing eh?

Thanks for the input on sites and thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom