2008 DD Scuba challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I know it's winter and frigid and all (although we could see 60 sometime early next week, go figure), but we should still think about things we can do to keep our skills sharp and give us a chance to get wet, even if it is in a pool.

I'm going to be signing up for the 2008 DD Scuba challenge, anybody else? I really like the fact that they're repeating each section on 3 seperate weekends, this allows everyone a chance to get them in, even if our schedules don't always cooperate.

In case anyone forgot, here's the link to their website:

Discover Diving in Western New York

If you're in the Saturday group, I'll be seeing you there.

I'm hoping to be much more active helping out this year!!

If you're in the Saturday group, I'll be seeing you there.

I'm hoping to be much more active helping out this year!!

I'll be there on Saturdays, here is the schedule I can attend (all dates are Saturdays):

Communication Challenge
Jan 19 & 26: The 19th is okay, Jan 26th is a no-go

Lines & Reel Challenge
Feb 2 & 9: The 2nd is okay, the 9th is a no-go

Lift bag & Salvage Challenge
Mar 8 & 15: The 8th is a no-go, the 15th is okay

Navigation Challenge
Apr 5 & 12: The 5th is a no-go, the 12 is okay

Circuit Challenge
April 26 & May 3: Both are okay

Search & Recovery Challenge
May 10 & 17: Both are okay

Of those dates that are no-gos, I may still be able to make it, I have weekend duty on those days and need to see what the work schedule will look like.

I need to talk to them about my DM conversion anyway and see how that goes.

I wil be there for several of them. I won't make the January one, as I'll be in West Palm Beach doing my DM class and working on my friends dive boat (OceanQuest Scuba) Ah, warm water! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the finally!

Dan

My friend and I are thinking of signing up for the 2008 DD Scuba Challenge. We've never been to Discovery Diving, and it would be a great way to get to know another dive operation, meet new dive buddies, and of course refresh our skills.
I'm leaving on a trip to Europe tomorrow for my brother's wedding, but I'll definately check back with DD when I return.
Thanks for the info on the 2008 DD Scuba Challenge.

Jacquie

I did the challenge last year. Maybe with so many of us going this year, I'll go again!! Anyone up for a carpool?

My friend and I are thinking of signing up for the 2008 DD Scuba Challenge. We've never been to Discovery Diving, and it would be a great way to get to know another dive operation, meet new dive buddies, and of course refresh our skills.
I'm leaving on a trip to Europe tomorrow for my brother's wedding, but I'll definately check back with DD when I return.
Thanks for the info on the 2008 DD Scuba Challenge.

Jacquie

Have a Great Trip!!

I'll look forward to meeting you when you get back!!

Yea!! Lets go!!! For whoever is going this sat. Jan 19th, do you want to carpool? If so when and where do you want to meet? Rick and I usually met up at his house and went from there. We also left a few hours earlier then needed so we could get to the shop and get air fills and lunch before class. I'd like to get there early again, because Darryl wants to see my drysuit.

Yea!! Lets go!!! For whoever is going this sat. Jan 19th, do you want to carpool? If so when and where do you want to meet? Rick and I usually met up at his house and went from there. We also left a few hours earlier then needed so we could get to the shop and get air fills and lunch before class. I'd like to get there early again, because Darryl wants to see my drysuit.

I'm going this Saturday. Carpool sounds good to me!!

Don't forget. You have to call the shop to sign up!!

Derek, I didn't see your name on the list!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom