Glad I Found This Board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for running such a great board. I've found a ton of information already, and I've only been browsing for a day or so. I ran into the board in my search for information on what kind of tanks to buy. Little did I know that everything I needed was right here!

So, cheers from a Puget Sound diver (and a new father of an 11 month old) who's about to purchase a couple of LP Steel 98CF tanks, and is also about to spend a week at Little Cayman Beach Resort in mid-October. I'll definitely contribute a review of the resort after we get back!

GearHead

Welcome! Welcome! We are being inundated by Northwesterners this week, yay! There might be enough of us to have that Puget Sound chapter of NDI after all! Does Mrs. Gearhead dive too? Do you dive locally?

-kate

H O W D Y ! ! ! from Texas and the Texas Swamp Diving Team!!!

I used to live in the PacNW (Portland), and can find Puget Sound on the map.

We're glad to have you and look forward to your participation!

Thanks everyone! Yes, the wife does dive, but she much prefers the warm waters of the Caribbean to the ~50 degree stuff we have around here. I recently bought a USIA drysuit, so for me, I'm not too worried about the chills. Other than my certification dives at Alki beach, I haven't been diving locally, but I'm planning to dive a lot more now! I just need to figure out how much weight to use with a tri-lam drysuit, and I'm searching the archives for info. on that right now (Scubaboard dominates).

-Gearhead

Originally posted by scubakat
Welcome! Welcome! We are being inundated by Northwesterners this week, yay! There might be enough of us to have that Puget Sound chapter of NDI after all! Does Mrs. Gearhead dive too? Do you dive locally?

-kate

Big warm welcome from sunny San Diego to ya GearHead, glad to have you aboard!

Welcome aboard from the not as north, northwest state, Oregon!

50 degrees, that is downright hot!

Later, Hawk.

Many thanks, and I indeed feel welcome, especially with all of these other NorthWest divers. I just hope that I can contribute as much as all of you have! Now I'm off to post a question on the equipment board about purchasing weight for my integrated BC. Thanks again!

-GearHead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom