free to come and go....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigGulp

Reaction score
I have been gone from this arena for a couple years, and have recently lost my dive buddy. He got older and went away to school and now he has that college thing going. Therefore, I am swimming alone in the ocean, so to speak since my wife doesn't dive. Since recently discovering the "new redesigned" scuba forum, I was wondering if anyone else out there is free to come and go whenever those real good travel deals pop up without the encumbering "job and family ties" that bound us up for all those years. Just looking for chances to get back into the regular diving thing/.......Larry

First off,

H O W D Y ! ! ! from Texas, and welcome to the ScubaSource Network family.

Second,

I might fit that description....what do you have in mind?

Seems I just like to go places where the water is warm and vis is long. I have been to Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Coz, Florida Keys. Like to do video when I can. Am able to get away pretty much anytime a good travel value presents itself. Have not done much spearfishing, but did do it to eat in Florida. Am originally from Garland Tx, BTW. Also the first College elegible male who DID NOT attend Tex A&M. makes ame the black sheep, I guess......Larry

Sometimes I can fit this description. I too like to dive only in warm water. My hubby is not as addicted to diving, nor does he have as flexible a schedule as I do.

I'm PADI AOW certified with about 60 dives logged.

Feel free to give me a yell!

Do you ever watch the special deals available on short notice from many of the Tvl agents or live aboards who suddenly have a spot or two available for a trip they would like to fill. I find it is much easier to just keep a bag packed and pick up and go, rather than try to plan. Seems when I schedule something, my employees find a way to nuke it at the last minute....so I sneak out and they never know.......Thanks for the reply...Larry

Hey there Larry, I'm in San Diego, so if you ever find yourself out this way, look me up. Glad to have you on the boards!

Liz, someone posted on one of the other boards here about a good deal to Coz from Denver. Last minute deal and all that....Not a big thing, just by looking at the Island Dreams Web site, things like that...It is just really tough for me to make plans for a trip in August 2002, know what I mean...Larry

Hey Mario, I just got home from Riverside, and could not find the ocean. Where did I go wrong? CAn't believe I drive 600 miles to watch a race that lasts 26 minutes........Oh well.....where do you go from San Diego and is it decent interesting diving...???? I have read lots of articles, etc, but never went down there to dive..Larry

Hey Liz......National Airlines just posted a $75.00 ROUND TRIP fare from Las Vegas To Miami......That is how I like to go....Rent a Car for $100, drive to Keys, or just go with a boat called Sandpiper out of Hollywood Fla, Little Hotel I know about close by, .... for $300, plus one dinner of fresh grouper and you have a quick four days or warm water......anyone want to go???? Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom