Luxfer (scubaLUX) 4500 psi Aluminum Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new high high pressure tanks luxfer is supposed to be releasing soon.

Their old tanks had cracking necks, their new tanks fail hydros way before they should, so am I the only one who is kinda scared about this prospect.

At the same time I am kinda intrigued, and I already have a DIN adapter for my reg and no tanks to use it on :). Can you imaging the air time on that puppy if it is a decent size tank.

It's my understanding that those type of pressures reap havoc on first stages. No personnal experience though.

Mike

They have been "releasing it soon" for many years. These cylinders have been around forever, but they haven't received the coveted DOT/CTC stamp yet. Aqualung was supposed to bring composite cylinders to the US a few years ago, but couldn't get through the red tape... :rolleyes:

Just to give you an idea of how sweet these things are, they are supposed to be ultra small (120cuft in the size of a HP80!!!) the price was supposed to be right in between that of a HP steel and an Al, right around $200-250 The drawback was that they only last 2 hydro cycles... but who would really care about that anyway!

Originally posted by Mario S Caner

Just to give you an idea of how sweet these things are, they are supposed to be ultra small (120cuft in the size of a HP80!!!) the price was supposed to be right in between that of a HP steel and an Al, right around $200-250 The drawback was that they only last 2 hydro cycles... but who would really care about that anyway!

Man strapping 2 of these into a double would be sweet! 9000 psi that's a lotta air man! Even for a newbie like me that sucks it like I were a human and not supposed to breathe underwater!

DeepSea has a couple of cylinders that'll just make you... ehem want them. (had something else to say, but I would have been edited... hehe) Talk about a lot of air in a tiny lil package! WOW! they're sooo kewl!

I'd love to get them off his hands but, until I get a compressor in my garage (which I will have eventually) I'd never be able to get them filled. :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom