Howdy from SB diver #89,xxx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CA cowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:mooner: Howdy! Sorry about the mooner, couldn't find the nudi[branch] smilie to greet ya. :D

I think I've seen the ads for this site in one of the local dive magazines, then finally got on the boat when my buddy Tommy, TwistedGray, told me about his stinky situation with his open water class. Yey, the final push to add one more useful and time consuming forum to the daily visit list (tongue in cheek, but glad to be here, really). Thanks Tommy!

I'd like you to know that I live "near" some excellent diving opportunties and welcome a reciprocal invite to stay with a local and do some shore diving. I'm interested in taking day trips & weekend trips down to So-Cal (as well as Nor-Cal and Oregon, even Washington and British Columbia - for longer weekends) and would love having a place to stay with a dive buddy who can take me to some rocky reefs for shore diving. I'd be glad to reciprocate! Of course, no leghumpers or psychos. :wink:

I'm looking forward to enjoying this forum! Photos attached in case you ever catch me in Monterey or Carmel. BTW, I love the selection of smilies! :yelclap: We're just missing a motorcycle rider. :eyebrow:

Disclaimer: "near" is defined as 70 mile drive from north of Monterey, but an easy, worthwhile drive.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.memask.jpg
    IMG_2960.memask.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Reef Check Training SSU 4-07 010.jpg
    Reef Check Training SSU 4-07 010.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Reef Check Training Openwater Monterey 4-07 010.jpg
    Reef Check Training Openwater Monterey 4-07 010.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to SB!

Lots of great information and interesting people here.

Have Fun!

Welcome to the 'board!!!!!
Next trip south just drop a note ScubaBoard - SoCal and I'm sure you'll find those willing to dive with you. Also check out our many planned outing and join in. I'm sure if you check out other local dive forums (including your own local), you will find many future dive buddies..... Dive safe and enjoy!

Hmmm, any relation to my dive buddy Island Cowgirl? Welcome to SB. Hope you enjoy your time on Board.

Hey! Those are MY yellow fins! :D

Welcome to :sblogo:

It appears you mostly dive Monterey/Carmel? Be sure and visit us in the ScubaBoard - NorCal section as well! Lot's of wonderful and helpful people on this board. Enjoy your stay. :)

Buck
:zen:

Hi there! At 70 mi north of monterey, it would appear we are practically neighbors!! I am intrested in Diving the Breakwater with someone who I can match schedules with. Maybe we can set something up. Happy Safe Diving to ya!

Thanks for all the welcomes. Some clever, witty responses and some helpful pointers! I have to say I love the "Paddles" "Splits" comic you have Buck! And I'm sure we can try for a dive together Disney guy, just send a PM. I'm getting Lasik tomorrow and so am beached for 2 weeks or so, but will be ready to get back in the water when the eyeballs are healed up enough to make diving kosher. :14:

Back
Top Bottom