2008 DD Scuba challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get Better Rick!!! We've got Feb 2nd next!!! Derek or Danor anyone..... can you make the next one at all?

I'm shooting for Feb 9th. But I've got to sign up

jacquietb,

It looks like I won't be there Saturday. I've been really sick all week. YUCK!!!

Rick,
Sorry you weren't feeling well. We had a great time on Saturday. Dallas, Darrell, and the rest of the DD staff were great. It's amazing how many hand signals you forget! And what a riot it is to improvise communication underwater!

My friend and I are signed up for next weekend as well, so hopefully we'll get a chance to meet you, Heater, Derek and the other divers from SB.

Jacquie

Jacquie,

Sorry, I couldn't make it again. This weekend was my wifes turn. I brought her home from The ER Friday night, and had to stay with her for 24 hrs. She's doing much better.

She has the Flu and Viral Bronchitis. She was severely dehydrated.
She had just left her Drs office and was filling a prescription at the drugstore when she passed out at the counter. They called an ambulance to take her to the Hospital.

Anybody going next weekend?? Derek?? Dan??

I am signed up for the 9th.

Dan

I am going to attempt to shoot for this weekend, I have weekend duty so I don't know what my schedule is going to look like. Unfortunately, when I originally made out my schedule, I hadn't been privy to my surgery being scheduled the Thursday before, so I didn't know that I'd still be recovering.

That being said, if all works out, I do plan on being there Saturday. I'll have to rent a tank or two from DD as mine need to be VIZ'ed, but the rest of my gear is okay.

May isn't going to get here fast enough, I've had it with this winter crud!

Rick,
We had a fun on Saturday using lines. Someone else always takes charge of the line when we're diving, so I've never really learned the proper way to run a line. So it was really cool to actually do it, and know that now I can run the lines when I'm diving.

I hope both you and your wife are feeling better. I hate being sick! But hopefully we'll all meet on the 19th. And maybe do a couple of the Scuba Challenge sessions together too.

We talked to Dallas and Mark from DD last weekend, and want to join in on a couple of dives this summer. I haven't dove in Erie at all, nor have I done the Niagara drift dive. So, there are some new adventures to be had!

Jacquie

Rick,
We had a fun on Saturday using lines. Someone else always takes charge of the line when we're diving, so I've never really learned the proper way to run a line. So it was really cool to actually do it, and know that now I can run the lines when I'm diving.

I hope both you and your wife are feeling better. I hate being sick! But hopefully we'll all meet on the 19th. And maybe do a couple of the Scuba Challenge sessions together too.

We talked to Dallas and Mark from DD last weekend, and want to join in on a couple of dives this summer. I haven't dove in Erie at all, nor have I done the Niagara drift dive. So, there are some new adventures to be had!

Jacquie

Thanks Jacquie,

There are a lot of awesome shipwrecks in Lake Erie!! It's nice to have such great diving close to home!! DD runs some nice trips on the St Lawrence also!! even more great wrecks, and if you go between mid-July and September it's warm from top to bottom!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom