Suunto Mosquito vs Mares Nemo Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StoogeASDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi. Looking to buy my 1st dive computer and my LDS has a good deal on the Suunto Mosquito and the Mares Nemo Sport. Any suggestions on which one is better? Buying the fancier ones like the Suunto D6, D9, etc... is not an option financially.

My wife picked up the Mosquito before our last trip and she likes it a lot.

My brother also recently bought the mosquito and is very happy with it. Haven't met anyone yet who is familiar with the Mares Nemo Sport, so it looks like the Mosquito is the winner. The pricing on the Mosquito is quite impressive anyway. btw none of my LDS's seem to stock the Oceanic Geo, so haven't had a chance to look at it.

Don't go with the Suunto Mosquito. I have had 2 units within 60 days total. Both of them have gone into permanent dive mode on the sidewalk. There are other threads where this appears to be a major problem with Suunto.

Maybe one of your LDS's has the Aeris Manta? This unit is very similar to the Oceanic Geo. I have used it several times and have never had any problems with it.

Thanks for the heads up about the Mosquito being fond of not working properly. I'll go see what else is available for a decent price at my LDS. Will post further queries if I find others not already mentioned. Thanks to all for the tips.

There are lots of fault free Suunto's being used in SA - check with the dive shops in SA which computers they have the most problems on (and not only one shop, but a few).

Ever thought of the Mares M2? Other than the size, it has all the functions of the Nemo, a bigger screen and is a lot cheaper (under 200$ at scubatoys). Oh yeah, and user changeable batteries. For a while I was considering upgrading to a nemo, but just couldn't find any good reasons to! The M2 has all most divers need for a great price...

Just another option!:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom