What does Lanier look like...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I haven't been back since I found my camera and the aborted racetrack dive shortly after. Is WBP divable? Anyone diving this weekend?

Mike

Mike,
I don't know about Lanier, but a group of us are diving the Hot Hole up at Keowee on Saturday. Contact Clif if you are interested.

Can't on Saturday, my Grandson is coming over, sounds like fun though!

man, i've always wondered about diving Lanier.

I lived in north GA since 1993 up until well, off and on until 2006.

When are the best times to dive there? and WHERE exactly?

If I get my honey due list done on Sat, I'm game for acouple of dives on Sun. I will post again on Sat late afternoon. If I get the ok from the boss.:D

Winter is the best time to dive Lanier. West Bank Park is where most divers go.

I went up the other weekend and, with some trepidation, attempted to do a dive.

The walk out to the water is a long ways, and, once you get closer to the water, you break through the crust of the newly exposed bottom and sink down a good bit.

I called the dive because it was just too difficult and dangerous to get to the water.

It's not fun, especially if you're diving doubles.

We're just going to have to work through this one.

the K

Ok, let me know, maybe we can find a spot off the point.

Iscubaed - usually when levels were "normal" we dove most weekends off of West Bank Park. Just when we wanted to start going to new spots the level dropped too low. Viz ranges from 5 to 30 feet depending on depth and time of year.

Temps from the 50-80 range.

Mike

Its a no go for me.:shakehead:

Oh well, the In-Laws came over so I couldn't, besides, the dive mobile was dead and needed a new battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom