Riu Palace Los Cabo dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vhs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:blinking:Hello All,

I will be staying at the Riu in Cabo in Jan 2008. I would like feedback on what dive shops you would recommend or stay after from. I do not want a cattleboat. I would prefer a smaller group (around 6 to 8 divers). I have seen a few posts on Blue Adventure, Amigos del Mar, Manta, Underwater Diversion del Cabo and Baja Dive. I think the most positive feedback has been with Baja Dive, but there is so much out there.
Does any of the dive shops offer video taping or have a photographer on the dives?
What is the possiblity of seeing whale sharks?
I have heard that Gordo Banks are not dove this time of year because of the currents, is this true?
Do you recommend Cabo San Lucas Marine Preserve? I believe it is a 4-5 hour trip.
I will be bringing my 7mm wet suit and hood. What water temp should I expect? Do most dive shops allow you to get your max bottom time? Thank you for you help and feedback. Virginia

I'll be at the Riu in 3 weeks (Feb 23)!
How was the diving and the hotel? I've stayed at a number of Riu Palace's, so I know the hotel will be nice. What dive shop did you go through, and how was the water?

I'll be at the Riu in 3 weeks (Feb 23)!

Please make sure you post a trip report. I'll be at the same hotel March 15-22 for the family'a spring break this year.

Thanks

Marc

Back
Top Bottom