One Spot Available in Upcoming Regulator Service Technician Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EastcoastdiverLLC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Below you will find a discription of a course I am hosting for my staff on regulator service. This is a full service technician course taught by Al Pendergrass from Air Tech, Raleigh NC.

Why only one spot?

I am putting this course on for my staff as we are a Promate service facility, they need proper training and we wanted to do this the right way. There are four spots to fill, I don't want to spread Al thin, as this is a private course and we want him to ourselves, however, I have only three participants. There you go, one spot. As you will read below, you will come out of this course a certified repair technician, however, we will be conducting this training specifically on Promate; fortunately Promate is a good representation of what is available on the market and this course is a necessary pre-requisite to any seminar put on by vendors.

PM me only, or just drop me a letter of interest via e-mail.

Thanks,
Gary

Basic Service Technician Course
March 21, 22, and 23

(Instructor, Al Pendergrass, Air Tech, Raleigh NC)

The Concept: The course is ideal for new service techs before they attend their first manufacturer's manual-drive short course. The learning is also tested and verified at course completion. A written and a practical examination are administered, both of which must be passed before a course certificate is issued.

Provider: The course will be hosted by East Coast Diver LLC, Hagerstown Maryland

The Training. This program covers:

Engineering concepts and materials used in all components of scuba
Appropriate scuba service tools and diagnostic equipment
Appropriate bench procedures for cleaning and inspecting
Standard methods of equipment reassembly
Standard methods of bench-testing/adjusting
Creating and maintaining standardized service records for both business management and defensibility.
As host of this program, we will be servicing Promate equipment (provided). Fortunately Promate has examples of both Diaphragm and Piston First Stages, both adjustable and non-adjustable Second Stages, and various unique octopus configurations which makes this course just about all-inclusive on regulator design. The skills learned here are quite applicable to other manufacturer's regulator designs.
The Schedule: (subject to some change, these will be long days packed with alot of information)

Friday, March 21- 6PM to 10PM
Saturday, March 22- 9AM to 5PM
Sunday, March 23- 9AM to 5PM

What is included?
All toolsprovided by Air Tech
All Regulators and Models provided by ECD

What to bring: Pick up a copy of Regulator Savvy (This is your text which should be read well ahead of time). I have access to a few copies for $30 plus shipping.
This is all you need to bring. Snacks are a great idea but I will provide plenty of beverages and we will break for lunch.

The Cost: $500

Gary SmithEast Coast Diver LLC
301-401-5125
East Coast Diver LLC Home

Your staff will get a lot from Al's experiece he has seen most all of the problems. The ink is still wet on my certificate from the last class he held in Raleigh. It's a very good class for those who want to learn about reg repair.

And yes you do get a certificate....not sure exactly what it's good for but you do get one. Your still going to get the "your not brand X certified so we can't sell you parts" BS from most LSD's.

I was just wondering if when you finish a class for reg service tech, do you get a card or some sort of document?

What you walk away with is a certification in basic regulator repair. This course is Promate specific, which fits our needs.

Following the course, you would need to attend manufacturer short courses in the brands you wish authorization to service.

Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom