They walk among us.......scary stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pir8

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
They walk among us.......scary stuff

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: I live in a semi-rural area. We recently
had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to
request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason:
"too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross
there anymore.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and
ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal
lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an
airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage
without your knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my
knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's
why we ask."

IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to
cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged
coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I
explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled,
she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who
was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented
cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was
spoken. We all just looked at each other with that
deer-in-the-headlights stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip
back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her
system would not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile
dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in
it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working
feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the
passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered
that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's
open!"

To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

They walk among us.............. scary

No matter what your occupation, they walk among us!

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail

I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave the money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor. She became indignant and informed me she was Educated and knew what she was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the Money back .... same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64.

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail
I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Gr ande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free".
She Handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

They Walk Among Us!
One day I was walking down the beach with some Friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!". Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where"?

They Walk Among Us!
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real Estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every mo rning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff."

They Walk Among Us!!
I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is ope n 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

They Walk Among Us!
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

They Walk Among Us!
My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The
cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.
;

They Walk Among Us!
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?"

They Walk Among Us!
While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man Ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked Him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."

They Walk Among Us, and they Reproduce, and Worst of all ............

THEY VOTE

joke.gif

hihihiii.... funniiieeeeee..

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If I where you I would move to a different town.

They walk among us...

So, I was talking to one of my friends and I asked him about his family tree, he replied "Uh, I think we cut that one down, the one in the front yard, right?" Sadly, he was dead serious, he didnt understand what a family tree was.

I was telling another friend that I had "chicken of the sea" for lunch, she asked "can chickens really live in the ocean?". Didn't the same thing happen to Jessica Simpson?

This one's dive related...
I was doing some snorkeling with some none-aquatic friends, their first time, and one of them seriously asked which fin went on which foot...

Another time, someone asked me if a snorkel worked when completely submerged...

They sure as a killer whale's a dolphin walk among us

They walk among us on vacation...

I was doing a pool lesson with a student and a woman interrupted me to ask the time, I told her and she looked at me serious as an AGE, "Is that local time?"

Rachel

They can be scary!!!

I was travelling on business in the Scranton, PA area and my cell phone would not work. It showed "no service available." When I returned to my home office I called the provider to see what the problem could have been, or if they have no coverage in the area. The response:

"If you are having troubles with your phone connection, just dial *611 from your phone and we will help you to troubleshoot the problem."

Yep, that would have worked for me.

----------------------------
We had some luggage lost during one of our trips. We contacted the lost luggage centre (located in India) through the available toll-free line provided by the airline. After a few calls to inquire about the status of the lost luggage the customer service representative told us "good news, we have located your luggage." I asked him where it was found. His response "I don't know, but we have located it."

The luggage arrived two days later. Good thing our vacation was for two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom