Gary D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary:

I haven't been hanging around on Scubaboard much lately and just saw this post. Really sorry to hear about the accident and glad to hear that you are getting better.

Take care of yourself and listen to the doctors!

Dan

If I ever get into a situation where I need to go to the hospital again forget it. Check me into Trump Towers and get a lemo service to deliver the drugs . It would be cheaper. Just the hospital bill ended up being $104.68 an hour. Then there are the 7 doctor bills and the drug costs that haven’t arrived yet.:11:

I was improving until I got that news.

Gary D.

Put a smile on you face and tell 'em to bill the department.

worksmen comp.Got Love it

Hey Gary, don't open the other bills :D Can't have you throwing yourself under a snowplow after pulling through this mess :wink:

Keep getting better!
Ber :lilbunny:

Day 27 (Fri 021508) Flippin gone from happy to unhappy again.

Back on day 19 the doc says use the arm a little but don’t abuse it.

Back to see doc on day 26. He tells me it looks good and to start using it gradually but watch it closely. I ask him about starting to do some push ups and he says ok but go gradually.

After seeing him we went a few places and ended the day at a friends wedding. All total I was up and about for only 9 or 9.5 hours. At around the 8 hour mark Wobbles says we are going home, look at your arm. Oops, it’s getting red and swelling again. I haven’t used it much at all and was just up for a while.

We get up in the morning and my normal wrist circumference of 7” is now a bit over 8” but still far below the 12.5” it was at its peak. We went to a meeting, took the dog to the groomer and then to the doc who is just around the corner from the groomer.

He gets me right in and says the blood they took yesterday came back very normal for an alien. NO infection in the blood so we are still good there. Then he hits me with the canon shot. Back down with the arm elevated as much as possible. So I say I’m bored and want to get back to work. He smiles and says don’t count on it for quite a while. “DEFINE A WHILE”! :11: HE smiles and says I’ll see you next week.

Anybody have a loaner arm while I leave this one in the shop for repairs. Tying down a Type A is one sadistic joke I’m not getting a laugh about. At least he said even though it’s looking bad again I’m in a normal healing process.

Bummed out about doctors. :mooner:

I know one thing. I'm plucking a lot of the feathers out of that AFLAC ducks butt.

Gary D.

Just think of all the extra time you'll have to reign in the miscreants here on SB, bannings, vacations, deleted posts .......

uhhhh... nevermind.

I could swap arms but it would be a downgrade for you.
My tumor has my right arm paralyzed and swollen, worse than useless.

Recovery time expected in months but as long as I do recover I will be happy about it.

Very hard to deal with now though.

Get well soon Gary!

Back
Top Bottom