Wrecks in Greece - The wreck Files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marine521

Registered
Reaction score
We proudly present our brand new section “The W Files” In these files you will find monthly reports on some of the most interesting wrecks located in Greek waters. We introduce you to those brand new files with the presentation of the "Patris", a luxurious side wheeler coastal vessel that sunk in 1868. Join us in our journey to a unique wreck in the Mediterranean Sea with the visual aid of some wonderful photos provided by Vasilis Mendogiannis

Hellenic Underwater Times - Wreck File # 1

I hope that you enjoy reading it. The goal is to present every month one wreck in Greece :14:

Kyra%20Leni%20Logo2.jpg

This month the “Wreck Files” present “The Kyra Eleni”, one of the most visited wrecks by Greek Divers in Attika and certainly worth presenting it.

We visited once again this wreck, located close to Athens, still remaining in a presentable condition we interviewed living survivors and we made this small report.

It took as a long time to find and interview the survivor and also locate articles from newspapers mentioning the sinking of Kyra Eleni

I hope that you enjoy reading it.

Hellenic Underwater Times - Wreck File#2 THE KYRA ELENI

Although diving in this wreck needs special permit from the authorities since it is protected by the Greek law and despite the fact that there isn’t anything left to see I thought I should post it because of its historical importance as you will find by yourselves by just looking the figure of the casualties

The Wreck of “The Oria”

By: Aristotelis Zervoudis
Photos by: Vasilis Mentogiannis, Aristotelis Zervoudis

A training dive some years ago in the Saronic Gulf uncovered the remains of the largest naval tragedy in the Aegean Sea during World War II and the third largest in the world during this period. Lying on the seabed at a depth of -35 meters are the remains of the Norwegian Steamer “Oria”

ORIA%20Bell.jpg

Hellenic Underwater Times - The Wreck of ''The ORIA''

I hope that you enjoy reading it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom