COZUMEL: Need HELP! Where to stay? What to do, besides a lot of diving of course!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, or rather HOLA! I just joined this board and I have spent the last 4 hours gawking with jealousy at the descriptions of all these amazing trips.

My BF and I have a trip planned to Cozumel May 10-18. The BF recently got certified and is excited to join me in more underwater adventures. He also wants to golf a few rounds. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need some advice on where to stay. I know it depends on what and how much of it we will be doing. Being realistic we will probably go on at least 5-7 dives (maybe a night dive too?) and there has to be a little golf to keep my man happy- he needs some quality time with little white balls I guess. We figure to spend about $4000 USD for the both of us (less would be amazing), including airfare. We have done the all inclusive before (Sandals- MoBay) and liked it-- dove our little hearts out, but we aren't sure this is the way for us to go in Coz, please help. We do like our adult beverages and we will probably have one or two nights where we stay up past our bedtime and want to sleep in a little or drag ourselves out to the pool. We are early thirties and we do not necessarily need the hustle bustle of downtown, we are actually trying to get away from that for a bit (hometown: Manhattan), but we do like civilization and we are somewhat social. Any advice would be awesome!!!
-Heather
"Keep your head below water!"

I would highly recommend one of the condos that Caribbean Beach manages, especially Summer Breezes. It's over toward the Corpus Christi area so it's close to the water but far enough back that it's pretty quiet. There's a pool and a killer rooftop for whatever you want to do (even has an outdoor kitchen up there). Paradise is a little more expensive but puts you on the beach. Check it out: http://www.caribbeanbeachproperties.com/ Click on Cozumel.

As for diving, I highly recommend Dive Cozumel (Dive Cozumel - The Premiere Scuba Dive Shop in Cozumel). They go out on the 2nd nicest boat on the island, and are really a top-notch operation. They can probably also arrange a night dive, or I can PM you contact info for another guy that definitely can.

There's golf up by Playa Azul, in the north hotel zone. I don't really know anything about it.

Have fun!

We had more of an idea of a resort hotel style vacation, like room service and maybe a spa!

If you are looking for a resort/hotel style vacation, with room service and a spa, you should check-out the Wyndham.

The Wyndham (Sabor Section - Adults Only) and the Wyndham Aura (high-end boutique hotel) offer what you are looking for.

The Wyndham Spa, is the newest and best on the island.

They also have an on-site Dive Shop, Sand Dollar Sports (who we frequently use), or you could arrange diving with one of the other local dive operations.

Additionally, Wyndham has a relationship with the Cozumel Country Club (discounts available for golf).

Jeff.
DIVERSIFIED DIVERS SCUBA - Home Page

Well, we went in January, spent 10 days in Coz, stayed at Casa Mexicana, dove approx 12 dives, including night dives, ate all over town, spent a day on the other side, and spent just shy of $4000 including airfare, for both of us, incuding diving, meals, tips, tshirts, ect....
Try Fiesta Americana, nice, reasonably priced, not far out of town. Hotel Cozumel is not bad either, and is close to town. Cozumel Palace is very nice, and is on the south end of town, but may push your budget. Do some checking with the dive operators in Coz, most can get you a deal on many hotels. We have used Deep Blue the last 3 years, do a great job, and can help you with lodging. check them out online, Deep Blue - Scuba Diving in Cozumel ; also, check out Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico , Christi can also help you out with your arrangements, and give you first class diving to boot. There are many options on Coz. You just need to jump in, get there once, you will go back again and again!!
Good luck!!

Ohhhh! What about the REEF CLUB RESORT? Looks and sounds spectacular. Anyone know anything about the member thing, its even cheaper? I think I may have found the spot, its my bedtime but I cannot wait to check for responses in the morning! Thanks everybody.

Ohhhh! What about the REEF CLUB RESORT? Looks and sounds spectacular. Anyone know anything about the member thing, its even cheaper? I think I may have found the spot, its my bedtime but I cannot wait to check for responses in the morning! Thanks everybody.

The Reef Club is now known as Wyndham. It was recommended by someone earlier
in this thread. Alyson and I will be there in two weeks, and we're staying in the Sabor section which is over 18 only. I can let you know how we like it if you want. I've been to Cozumel several times but it's my first time staying at Wyndham so I'll at least be able to compare it to some of the other suggestions, but from what I've heard, we're really going to like it! Our all inclusive cost with air fare plus diving is still withing the price you gave. Of course we always end up spending more by the time we ad in jeep or vw rentals, cab fares, eating at other places, souvaniers, and in one case equipment rental because Delta lost one of our dive bags. Lol It's still worth it because Cozumel is incredible. I would strongly suggest you tell your BF that he can golf anywhere and make him spend more time diving because it's some of the best diving you'll ever see! :thumb:

You might want to add this one to your list that needs pricing.
Aura Cozumel Resort Wyndham Grand Bay (Cozumel, Yucatan Peninsula) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
It is a new resort aimed to be a bit higher ended and the normal policy for new properties is to give even higher service & better food than they will later in order to get those very much wanted rave reviews. It is located next door to the (Reef Club complex) Wyndham so there is a beach although it sounds a bit rocky in some areas, and it isn't that far from the popular dive sites meaning shorter boat rides. Also taxi fare to town won't be too expensive, but it isn't a walkable distance either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom