submersable heart rate monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plungebob

Reaction score
Last year I was diagnosed with a heart problem (a-frib) I am trying to bring it under control through medication and exersize. I noticed some guys at the gym using heart rate monitors and I was wondering if anyone knows of a submersable model? Many of the wrist mouned units claim to be water resistant to 100 ft. but oddly are not recomended for diving!!
Any thoughts?
P.S. I do have a "Scuba" Doctor and have been given a green light to(proceed with caution)dive.

Last year I was diagnosed with a heart problem (a-frib) I am trying to bring it under control through medication and exersize. I noticed some guys at the gym using heart rate monitors and I was wondering if anyone knows of a submersable model? Many of the wrist mouned units claim to be water resistant to 100 ft. but oddly are not recomended for diving!!
Any thoughts?
P.S. I do have a "Scuba" Doctor and have been given a (proceed with caution)

The Uwatec Galileo will do that, and by using the SmartTrak software, will plot a graph for you, including how much air you're using.

It's a little expensive for a dive computer, but really cheap for submersible medical equipment. :D

They do mention that if you have some specific heart defects that it might not register correctly, so you would need do a little research.

Terry

Sounds like a good tool, Might be worth it.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

My guess is that a heart rate monitor can fairly accurately approximate atrial fibrillation's rate. I am not sure how much one can exercise and how fast one's heart can be while in Afib. As long as you know that the heart rate monitor can not tell you what rhythm your heart is in .... then you know it's limitation. But if your heart goes from normal sinus rhythm of 70 to 190 ..... I guess you better back of your exercising !!

Don't do it without your cardiologist's approval.

I use a Polar, according to the back, CE0537. It says it is water resistent to 50 meters. I use it while swimming all the time with no issues. I think the part you need to check is the transmitter, make sure that unit is sealed. I also have Garmin Forerunner, that says it is water resistent to 5 feet but they recommend you NOT use it when swimming. That one has user replaceable batteries so...

I would buy a cheap one and see how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom