First DPV - Your recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aw man, all this love of the X is really making me wish I had one. I have yet to hear anything but very positive reviews from anyone who has one. The only thing that sucks is the cost. We should organize a group buy.

Rob

Aw man, all this love of the X is really making me wish I had one. I have yet to hear anything but very positive reviews from anyone who has one. The only thing that sucks is the cost. We should organize a group buy.

Rob

If you can get 7 people together we can do a great deal, we also have a free shipping offer right now....

Cheers

Ben

Been getting a few PM's about a group buy. I have just spoken with a dealer who has a large order going through, They are willing to add a Scubaboard group buy onto this, with a great discount. They should post shortly.

We are busy organizing a large order of scooters for the local guys. I would be glad to offer you guys "a tack on" to this order. The discount would be based on the fact that you guys order 7 scooters. So please someone step up on the forum and organize 7 or more. Then contact me directly, and I will tack on too this order. I currently am getting them at a $500 discount, so I would pass on this saving. I am finalizing the order and will need to know by friday this week or early next week as the local guys are chomping at the bit.:D

Also remember Dive Xtras currently offers free worldwide shipping with a subscription to wreck diver mag. so i would need to collect all your names and addresses and we would pass the subscription info and fees on to Dive Xtras. The subscription will cost $29.95 and the first issue comes in the box.

5thd-x
info@5thd-x.com
408-674-9564.

Well if that wasn't an invitation, I don't know what is. If anyone is interested in taking advantage of this, I'll be happy to organize it. I'll post more details shortly, if anyone is interested, PM me!!

Rob

Well if that wasn't an invitation, I don't know what is. If anyone is interested in taking advantage of this, I'll be happy to organize it. I'll post more details shortly, if anyone is interested, PM me!!

OK here's my update, I posted a more thorough thread at:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...ranty-free-shipping-500-off-normal-price.html

So far, I have three individuals interested, including myself. This thing is gaining momentum!

Oh - and to the OP, if you can justify the budget, I know it's not easy, strongly consider the X. Look at the feedback of folks who have bought it, I haven't see anyone say except extremely positive things about them.

Rob

I heartily recommend the X. Mine is one of AndrewJD's "corral" since I can't dive every weekend I let him manage it and other people borrow it.

I got mine from 5thD-X and have loved every minute of owning it.

FYI -- I have received both products and training from 5thD-X...and I dive with some of the guys/gals that make it up. But I would still be saying the great things about my X-scooter even if I didn't know them all personally.

Hmmm, I have a torpedo and it seems as good as my friends seadoo. I spent about $1200 on the scooter, charger and an extra battery. It wont go as fast as his, but the way the torpedo is put together it will last longer. (he has replaced his already and mine still runs strong.)

i just bought a seadoo. i found it used on craigslist. it has been working great these past 2 weeks. im in a lake so i dont have terribly far to go etc. im also a college student so i cant blow a year tuition on a toy. but i really do like this seadoo. honestly tho it didnt work today at the dive but i think its because i forgot to charge it. not 100% sure, double checking tommorow.
it does make things so much easier. i plan to strap some lights on the front with velcro etc so its a one in all system. it depends on what you want it to do. i honestly dont see the reason to spend the money on a scooter that goes really fast unless your trying to getsomewhere fast. but then what to do with it when your done getting to where you go?
i like the seadoo because it is slower i can just cruise along with my dive buddy but use sooo much less air because the only muscles i use are my fingers. best luck

I too - am in the market for my first DPV. For my wife. Her kick is a little weak. This will help her keep up with me while I am chasing nemo. I am thinkin that this DPV will get used about ~25 times a year in 20'-60' depth.

I was thinking of just getting her
a seadoo vs supercharge for $500
or
a generic for $125

Money is not issue but I seriously need some QUICK convincing/educating as to why I should spend $3500 for the X. Don't want to miss out on that group buy should I decide to go with the X.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom