DUI Demo Days at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Gang,

May 17th and 18th, my family and I will be going to Dutch Springs with Discover Diving for DUI Demo Days and Dog Rally . This is usually our first dive weekend of the season. We always have a great time!! :D

For those of you that haven't been before, It's an opportunity to try out all the different DUI Drysuits, Insulation, and BC's. Lunch and dinner are included on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday.

If you're going, call the shop to sign up and post here to let other club members know.

I see that DD also has Dive-Rite demo days on the calender. anybody interested in that one??

Rick,
Thanks for the head's up @ DUI Dog Days at Dutch Springs. I checked out their website, and it does sound like alot of fun. I might just sign up - have to see what's going on a home that weekend first though. But, I haven't been to Dutch Sprinds yet, nor have a tried out a dry suit. So this may be a great opportunity to do both!
Thanks again,
Jacquie

OK I have questions about these demo days. Do they provide the undergarments or do you have to bring your own sweats or something? What about hoods? Is there a fee to attend? If so, can you pay there or do you have to sign up in advance? Is there anything else I would need to know as a first time DUI demo day attendee? :confused:

OK I have questions about these demo days. Do they provide the undergarments or do you have to bring your own sweats or something? What about hoods? Is there a fee to attend? If so, can you pay there or do you have to sign up in advance? Is there anything else I would need to know as a first time DUI demo day attendee? :confused:

Hi Princess,

DUI has undergarments of several different types for you to try. They also have hoods. You should bring your usuall scuba gear including Tanks and weights. They will attach a drysuit inflator hose to your regs. They also have BC's you can try. Sometimes there are demos for underwater cameras, and underwater communications.

Yes there is a fee for the event, but it's not much. It includes lunch and dinner Saturday along with a presentation Satuday evening. Then lunch on Sunday. Also entance for several pize drawings. At Dutch Springs there is also an entrance fee to the Park.

If you go with Our group Discover Diving, you need to call the shop to sign up (this includes hotel for 2 nights)

PS. you really don't want to wear sweats under a drysuit. Cotton holds moisture. You'll get cold!! Proper Drysuit undergarments wick away the moisture and offer much better insulation than sweats

Thanks for the info. I have a couple other questions...sorry for not thinking of them with my first round of questions. If you go just one day (Sunday) are you able to try out a drysuit...and do you know if whatever fee there is would be reduced? My brother is graduating from College on May 17th, so I can't go that day.

Also, when you are demoing a suit...do you just decsend to test it out and then have to ascend and give it back, or do they let you do a whole dive in it?

I was planning to go to the October 2008 Demo day at Lake Rawlings. I didn't even know there was one at dutch springs until I saw this thread.

Thank you very much for the info!!!

Thanks for the info. I have a couple other questions...sorry for not thinking of them with my first round of questions. If you go just one day (Sunday) are you able to try out a drysuit...and do you know if whatever fee there is would be reduced? My brother is graduating from College on May 17th, so I can't go that day.

Also, when you are demoing a suit...do you just decsend to test it out and then have to ascend and give it back, or do they let you do a whole dive in it?

I was planning to go to the October 2008 Demo day at Lake Rawlings. I didn't even know there was one at dutch springs until I saw this thread.

Thank you very much for the info!!!
2 years ago it went this way:
At Dutch its usually pay the normal entry fee.Then pay DUI $5.00.That gets you a free DUI hat(until they run out)the demo-yes you get to do entire dive-and a bar-b-q lunch..

Hi again Princess,

You can do a whole dive, and then if you want, you can try a different suit and do another one, and another, etc, etc.
If you are not drysuit certified, you have to go with a group led by an Instructor or Divemaster.

Of course you can go for just one day. The prices should be listed on DUI's website. The link is in my first post above.
The entrance fee's for Dutch springs are listed on their website (link in first post above).

Be sure to let us know if you're going. We'll meet up somewhere!!

Great, thanks!! Sorry for the thread hijack with all my questions. I really appreciate all the info!!

Back
Top Bottom