What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ford truck ....

Oohhhh ... dive gear? Hmmm, yeah, just like the OP, the console computer and octo-inflator. That's gonna change soon.

A SP "pilot" BC. Now I'm a Oxycheg Steel BP/wings diver I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

Everything I own, other than:

Mask, fins, reg set & SPG, dive computer, BP, pony bottle.

That means: various wetsuits, various BCs, weight belts & weights, all sorts of doodads & gadgets, including ... well, you get the picture. In the Tropics, minimalism rules!

I got a great deal on a wetsuit that I would be able to fit into after a couple more months of weight loss. I has never been wet. It is the most expensive hanger weight I own. :D

The Cobra 2. As a computer it's ok, but the electronic compass is the biggest piece of crap ever. Besides that, I wish I had bought an Atom 2 initially to get rid of the extra hose (got one for Christmas, gave the Cobra 2 to husband's brother as a gift since he didn't have a dive computer).

I want to change my SP MK 5 from yoke to DIN. Found a nice looking converter on ebay, and a reasonable "Buy It Now" price.

It is a Trident...an aftermarket SP knock off. I assumed (dang it, made an ass u me, again) it was a OEM SP.

The knurling isn't quite right, but functional, which is what lead me to look at it a bit closer. More importantly, I have questions if it will fit properly and is designed correctly.

Not sure I want an aftermarket knockoff between my head and a few thousand PSI.

Anybody have a OEM SP MK 5 DIN they would like to part with?

Jeff

Not that I regret anything about diving but how about diving all togeather. Consider all the costs of class and dives for myself to reach Master Diver certification. The OW classes for the wife. The OW classes for the son. And enough equipment for all three to go diving at the same time. Trips to go diving in the great big blue. My pocket book would look a lot better these days had I not started diving in the first place. But once again, I wouldn't trade it for anything else. OH, I forgot to mention the boat that we bought to dive from here at home and all the gas for it.

My DiveRite RG2200 (air2), Mares V16 & Proton Metal (the water go in 2nd stage when turn up side down), snorkel, etc

Back
Top Bottom