Dive Operator Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjh

New
Reaction score
Before I ask my questions, I have to appologize. I am going to Cozumel on a cruise. I'm so ashamed. :shakehead: Belive me, I hate the big boats and masses of people they disgorge on the island every time I am there. But my wife wants to do this, and we got a really good deal.

So, do any of the dive ops run at a time when we could go? The itenerary show us arriving in Cozumel at 8am, but I don't know when we would be able to get off the boat. I can book a dive through the ship, but it is expensive, and they use Sand Dollar (who did not impress me when I dove with them several years ago).

Thanks,
Chris

Before I ask my questions, I have to appologize. I am going to Cozumel on a cruise. I'm so ashamed. :shakehead: Belive me, I hate the big boats and masses of people they disgorge on the island every time I am there. But my wife wants to do this, and we got a really good deal.

So, do any of the dive ops run at a time when we could go? The itenerary show us arriving in Cozumel at 8am, but I don't know when we would be able to get off the boat. I can book a dive through the ship, but it is expensive, and they use Sand Dollar (who did not impress me when I dove with them several years ago).

Thanks,
Chris

Blue Angel runs a boat that leaves their dock at 10 AM. I have also heard that folks from the ships are sometimes able to match schedules with Dive With Martin. Both are great ops.

Sorry you have to spend a week with the newlyweds, overfeds & nearly deads, but the up side is you get a day in Coz!!!

Blue Angel has a boat that goes out at 10:00a.m., I think it usually caters to the cruise ship crowd, more or less because of the time. Blue Angel Dive Resort Cozumel Mexico

I think Dive with Martin also has been doing cruise ship ops Home Page

OOPS! Gordon beat me to the punch, we must have been typing at the same time...great minds think alike!

I just did this same thing. I was able to make a reservation with Papa Hogs and then just called when I arrived and took a taxi to their shop. It went around 8:30 but they knew we were coming and waited for us.

I 2nd Scuba with Alison - we actually first met her when looking for an Op during a cruise stop. That was 4+ years ago - she was such blast we've been diving with her ever since. (We'll see her in 2 weeks!!! :D) Depending on her bookings, she is often flexible with her schedule, and can take cruisers.

And don't be ashamed! I think you'd be surprised how many of us will jump a cruise ship to get some diving in!! (Although I'm sure some won't admit it!!)

The next time your wife suggests a cruise, ask her "How about a cruise ship on land?" Then show her the Aventura Spa Palace about 60 miles south of Cancun (google it). You can dive to your heart's content (ocean and/or cenote) and she can luxuriate the day away. At night you can romance her to her heart's content.

No kids, all inclusive, 5 star treatment, nightly entertainment, fantastic staff, beautiful facilities, great tours. Like I said, a cruise ship on land, and possibly less than what you paid for the cruise. We've been six times. Got interested in diving there.

Yup. The Palace Resorts are awesome for that kind of thing...spa, all you can eat and drink, semi-dorky activities, etc...while you do your local diving. The food is decent (probably about cruise ship quality), the entertainment is very cruise-ship like (Michael Jackson impersonator, magic show, karaoke), and the rooms are as cramped because of the double jacuzzi...Just kidding...the cruise ship state rooms are bigger ;-)

We stayed in Cancun Palace this time, we're going to Coz Palace next time, and maybe Xpu Ha near the cenotes soon. Again, not to spam, but PM me if you want to book a Palace. As members, we can refer people, and they can get member pricing for the week they book, which is much, much cheaper than booking anywhere else.

I too am doing a cruise with my wife. I was logging in here to ask the same question. We spent a week in Coz a few years ago diving and can't pass up the opportunity even if it's just one dive. Problem is we aren't scheduled to arrive until 11 am so I was going to check into an operator that might do afternoon dives.

Aqua Safari does an afternoon dive that leaves the dock at 2 or 2:30 and gets back about 4 to 4:30. It is a shallow dive on Paradise reef, 40' max. Fairly close to downtown. There are a bunch of cruise ship berths along the leeward side of the island. If you're going to be on one of the berths closest to downtown Aqua Safari is just a block from the main pier. Since you're arriving late, maybe you're leaving late or the next morning. If it is the typical 5-6 PM departure, you might be cutting it too close to dive.

They have a website. For some reason my firewall is keeping me out of it (problem on my end). Just Google Aqua Safari + Cozumel and you'll get to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom