Small dive op for cruise ship passenger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FolsomDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could someone recommend a good dive operator that can accomodate a cruise ship stop in Georgetown (Royal Caribbean-Freedom of the Seas) on March 20, 2008? We're going to have two divers and two snorkelers and didn't want to go on a cattle boat.

Does anyone know what dive op Royal Caribbean uses?

Thanks,

Jim

two divers and two snorkelers and didn't want to go on a cattle boat.

Any one boat that you imagine that will accommodate both divers and snorkelers wouldn't fit most criteria for a cattle boat. It will most likely be a private charter.

How do you define "cattle boat"?

Any one boat that you imagine that will accommodate both divers and snorkelers wouldn't fit most criteria for a cattle boat. It will most likely be a private charter.

How do you define "cattle boat"?

Royal Caribbean runs cattle boats. Big ones.

Where they shuttle you to the beach you can just turn right and walk about 200 yards and you will find several dive ops in a row. You can go out on boats with them, or do as I did and shore dive from their back yard.

I only had time for one dive before I had to meet my wife so I joined another couple. We swam out about 150 yards and there are a couple great dives Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto. I snorkled over ER and dove DG and had a ball. Great big swim thru's filled with huge tarpon. Saw turtle, huge lobster, big 'cuda and lots and lots of pretty reef fish. Tank rental, weights, & air run a bit over $20 and nobody hurries you back to the boat. (Dive boat, not cruise ship. Don't want to miss that!)

I had so much fun I booked flight to go back for 10 days in May. The shore diving is great.

Where they shuttle you to the beach you can just turn right and walk about 200 yards and you will find several dive ops in a row. You can go out on boats with them, or do as I did and shore dive from their back yard.

I only had time for one dive before I had to meet my wife so I joined another couple. We swam out about 150 yards and there are a couple great dives Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto. I snorkled over ER and dove DG and had a ball. Great big swim thru's filled with huge tarpon. Saw turtle, huge lobster, big 'cuda and lots and lots of pretty reef fish. Tank rental, weights, & air run a bit over $20 and nobody hurries you back to the boat. (Dive boat, not cruise ship. Don't want to miss that!)

I had so much fun I booked flight to go back for 10 days in May. The shore diving is great.
Thanks, I just reserved with Neptune Divers. If they're booked I'll try the locals close by.

Jim

I think you will be pleased. My wife and I are booking another trip for the first week of June. Have a great trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom