Alabama roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're too busy when you don't have time at work to read Scubaboard. Can't believe that I haven't seen this thread until today!
Randy from Madison and it's good to see so many folks on the board.

I just realized I haven't posted to this thread (blonde moment). Welcome to the board newbies.....I live close to Snepdiver in Gardendale (originally from the Cullman area....family still lives on the lake up there) and my hometown scuba shop is SSDS in Bham and my scuba shop away from home is GGD in Orange Beach. I am working with some docs to try to get cleared after a mishap with my ears, so I hopefully I will get to see you all diving this summer sometime and somewhere.

Thanks!
:) AuTgrDvr aka Kristal aka Special K

i did my frist 3 check out dives at vortex springs this weekend. It went pretty well i got a little scared on my frist two and cam up early when we went to swim around after doing skills my 3rd dive was a pleasure dive it went well till some guy in a dry suit ran into me form above and scared the crap out of me and tried to break me and my buddys hands apart (she was holding my hand to make me feel more comfey and help me to stay with our group) i found her and thumbed the dive and went up. But that aside i had a great time. I cant wate to finsh my next two dives and get my cert. ill have some pics up soon of me underwater
Good job not freaking out. People run into you a lot down there. I don't know if they're just not paying attention or what, but just keep in mind that as long as you can breathe, you're ok and you'll be fine. That was probably one of the best pieces of advice I've gotten b/c any time I get into a situation that could be scary, I just ask myself, "Can I breathe?" If the answer is yes (which it always has been), then I'm ok. You'll get the hang of it and it'll all be great. :)

CCR diver in Alabaster - a few minutes south of Birmingham.

Heading to the Oriskany (we'll get blown out), then Morrison Springs (probably flooded), then Vortex this weekend :D

CCR diver in Alabaster - a few minutes south of Birmingham.

Heading to the Oriskany (we'll get blown out), then Morrison Springs (probably flooded), then Vortex this weekend :D

Yep! If you're cavern certified or better, keep heading East to Marianna dive dive at Jackson Blue Springs.

Currently in Texas but moving to Prattsville in July....for 10 months.....hope to get some diving in while there.....since the wife deployed, I stared at the doubles until I finally covered them up.................first thing on the list is to get the tanks vip'd once I arrive in Prattsville.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom