I am desperate !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am desperate .....

My last dive was 4 weeks ago (when I managed to get lost in my own backyard .... but this is another story ...) :(

Then I came down with the flu ... and I am still coughing a bit ...

Then I decided to sign up for an IDC ... that will keep me away from fun diving for the next 3 week-ends .... :shakehead:

After that I will travel to Italy for 2 weeks ... :D

So, it looks like that my next dive will be after April 15 ....

Almost 8 weeks without diving

I am desperate !! :(

I_AM

Is there any "pill" for "lack of diving" sickness?

Boy do I empathize with you, Alberto. I was out of the water for 3+ weeks due to the flu and only did one dive (Tuesday) in the last 30 days. Conditions on that one were less than ideal to say the least. Viz was 20' where I was diving although I heard 30-35' in deeper water that day.

However, I do hope to get in the water several times over the next week since I have diving guests staying with me. Maybe it will be clear enough to film the Valiant!

....... Maybe it will be clear enough to film the Valiant! ...

Dr. Bill,
that will be cool :D
I really would like to put the Valiant online before Scuba Show.

While in Italy I will try to get a dive on the "Cristo degli Abissi" (Christ of the Abyss).
The ORIGINAL one in San Fruttuoso / Liguria.
An if I can get my hands on some decent data I will put that one on line too.

Do you have any plan for Chamber Day / Eve?

Best Regards,

I_AM

5 days of lobster season left and the conditions suck!! Haven't even used my '08 license yet. Well, at least I'll get to clean the bottom of the boat this weekend.

This flu is terrible. It has kept me out of the water and I am missing a trip to Catalina tomorrow because of it. BOO!!

Alberto, My life has been turned upside down this last month. I hope to right the ship this weekend and finally try out my new drysuit Saturday at the dive park. Let's hope the weather holds!

Was at the dive park today about 3:00 PM. NOT A SINGLE DIVER at the park. I didn't even look over to see if the fill station was open (as it should be). Winds were kicking up and there were whitecaps a bit outside the dive park.

Alberto- No plans for Chamber Night.

Alberto, My life has been turned upside down this last month. I hope to right the ship this weekend and finally try out my new drysuit Saturday at the dive park. Let's hope the weather holds!

Hi!
is she better now?

Just got a brand new drysuit myself too ... but so far I only did a "confined water" DS class for check-out :( .... I want to finish DS class as soon as possible .... I am planning to do a lot of boat dives this year :D

But first I have to finish the IDC, do my travels and so on so forth

Now back to the books to prepare Micro-presentation and Perspective presentation for tomorrow morning :(

Bye

AM

Wow... we went out on the King Neptune today. When I went to suit up, I discovered my vest was missing... it must have blown off the deck due to the winds. Didn't do the first dive due to my holey wetsuit (need that vest), but I couldn't resist the second at Pirate's Cove. By the end of that dive the wind was blowing strong and we aborted the third dive and headed back into Avalon with white caps all around and the gale force wind flags up in the harbor. Catalina Express boats were apparently canceled after 3:00 pm today.

Are you sure you want to get wet, Alberto>

Thanks Alberto, Yes she is better but Friday night she decided not to go and dive, and by the sound of the conditions, she made a good call. However, I really need to dive – it is killing me having this nice new drysuit and being able to dive!

Bill, I hope you find your vest! It could get a little chilly without it over there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom