Parts shortage Zak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BhamFAL

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Zak my two metal tech regs have been at the LDS since the week after christmas for their annual overhaul. LDS says it's taking so long because of a parts issue, as in they couldn't get the parts and when they finally did the kits were short of something. 5 weeks is a bit unrealistic for an annual is there a shortage or are they yanking my chain?

Thanks

Hi,

We are currently behind by apprx 2 weeks on these kits. It sounds from your post that the store already received the kits? I have never seen the kits missing parts? To do a complete overhaul on a regulator of ours, it is necessary to order a poppet with the kit. Perhaps that wasn't done? Sorry for the delay, but we are expediting a tremendous qty of kits etc, by end of this month and should be good for quite some time .

.....To do a complete overhaul on a regulator of ours, it is necessary to order a poppet with the kit. .....

Sounds like someone forgot to order the poppets, as usual thanks Zak

Still no regs here......is everything currently available? They say they are still waiting on a part. 2.5 months and counting......I go to roatan in 3 weeks.

Bhamfal,

We have the parts. I suggest you call your LDS or whomever has your regulators, and request they use these part #'s.

46200704 Proton Ice Extreme 2nd stage service kit.
46200596 V42 / Limited Edition Kit 1st stage
46200683 V42 poppet seat (if needed). This is something that doesn't always need to be replaced.

Have a nice trip to Roatan.

Sincerely,

The saga continues.....PM sent your way.

Bham, I think it's time you start hassling your LDS! If Mares has the parts, what are they waiting for? Find a sharp stick, and start poking them in the but...:shakehead:

All is being taken care of. We have the regulator. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In fact the regulator in question has a terminal problem internally and unfortunately isn't going to make it. We are sending a brand new Proton 42 regulator in it's place today.

All the best.

Zak, thanks a gazillion for all your help. I hate to lose the L/E but the V42 will have to fill its' shoes. I'll put it to good use next week.

RIP LE10381

A brand new V42... Wow, that really is terrible news!!!!:eyebrow::eyebrow:

All is being taken care of. We have the regulator. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. In fact the regulator in question has a terminal problem internally and unfortunately isn't going to make it. We are sending a brand new Proton 42 regulator in it's place today.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom