Parts shortage Zak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A brand new V42... Wow, that really is terrible news!!!!:eyebrow::eyebrow:

It is in fact bad news. The L/E metal had DFC on every port, the v42 just on the primary l/p port. The L/E also had that fancy coating of titanium carbon nitride. Not too mention the whole snob factor. So it is a step down, albiet nowhere near as far down as having a broken Limited Edition sitting on the desk. Alas the limited part of limited edition.......there's now only 1999 of them out there. :116: I need a hug.

Hey Zak if I find a used one somewhere will you swap the warranty/service parts for life over to me? Now that'd be awesome....shoot I'd even send the v42 back - just consider it a loaner. In any event once again thanks for expediting the situation and getting me the equipment to get wet.

My heart is crying for ya Bham...!!!:rofl3::rofl3:

No but seriously, I kinda understand if you liked your Metal techs so much that you'd rather have that model.:coffee: I'm sure if they had them in stock, they would be replacing yours with the same!

It is in fact bad news. The L/E metal had DFC on every port, the v42 just on the primary l/p port. The L/E also had that fancy coating of titanium carbon nitride. Not too mention the whole snob factor. So it is a step down, albiet nowhere near as far down as having a broken Limited Edition sitting on the desk. Alas the limited part of limited edition.......there's now only 1999 of them out there. :116: I need a hug.

Hey Zak if I find a used one somewhere will you swap the warranty/service parts for life over to me? Now that'd be awesome....shoot I'd even send the v42 back - just consider it a loaner. In any event once again thanks for expediting the situation and getting me the equipment to get wet.

We are back. My replacement v42 performed...well like it was new. Many thanks for your help Zak. My wifes just serviced reg had a leak at the primary 2nd stage port (the hose turned out to be hand tight into the 1st stage) AND the 1st stage also started leaking after a few dives - turned out the yoke nut was again hand tight. Both of these problems didn't start until about 5 dives into the vacation.

On another note my wife found and purchased a very lightly used limited edition and it was waiting for me when I got home.

Back
Top Bottom