Any other divers in the U.A.E.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those hydroid stingers up there are vicious..been out diving when we had to turn and head back after the first dive because there was no more vinegar on the boat...think there were 12 ppl and they used up 2 bottles or something...they even sting through a 2mm wettie...

those hydroid stingers up there are vicious..been out diving when we had to turn and head back after the first dive because there was no more vinegar on the boat...think there were 12 ppl and they used up 2 bottles or something...they even sting through a 2mm wettie...

guess I just got lucky not being stung!

Hi All! Is anyone still posting on this thread? I've been in Abu Dhabi for a few years, but haven't done any real diving in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I'll likely be leaving here by the end of the year and would like to see some of the wrecks. Is there any good groups currently diving here, other than The Club?

No idea which Club you are referring to, but Atlantis and Pavilion in Dubai run trips out to the wrecks in the Persian Gulf. On the east coast you have Inchcapes 1 and 2 that are easily accessable from either Divers Down, Al Doom, Freestyle or Scuba 2000

Hi, Im from UAE ajman
i got my advance open water a week ago, we go to khor fakkan every weekend (friday) diver sport boat, will be willing to join any1 whos interested to dive

Hi All! Is anyone still posting on this thread? I've been in Abu Dhabi for a few years, but haven't done any real diving in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I'll likely be leaving here by the end of the year and would like to see some of the wrecks. Is there any good groups currently diving here, other than The Club?
I have been in AD 4 years and I havent come across any regular diving clubs other than the Club. Plenty informal groups of divers that come and go, as expats do, and a couple of dive operators that have a loyal following. the wrecks off AD and in Musandam are not that brilliant dives anyway, IMHO - plus mostly a long boat ride and pretty deep, limitiing your bottom time.

Apart from the BSAC club in Dubai, I don't know of any other dive club in UAE, although IIRC there are BSAC clubs in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.

Most divers here tend to be friends who go diving together. There is a new Photography Club based at Atlantis Dive Centre and holds meetings the first Tuesday of every month, the next meeting is 7th June, worth going along even if you don't take photos.

Thank you Searcaigh for the referral to the Photo club meeting at the Atlantis Dive Center. I enjoyed meeting you and the other folks there. I hope to be able to make more meetings with my own pics. I will try to go diving here in the UAE in a week or two once my equipment is all serviced (as long as I am in the UAE and don't have to travel elsewhere).

Hi Burhan, good meeting you too last Tuesday.

I hope your gear will arrive in time before I leave for my Malaysian trip at the end of the month, then we can do a quick trip to the east coast.

Back
Top Bottom