Dang ear infection...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajb

Reaction score
Well, just my luck. Had a dive planned this weekend in Utah (first one in a while) and I have been totally stoked about it. My kid and I have had our stuff laid out on the basement floor for about a week now. Came back from a business trip to Colorado and my left ear closed up on Saturday. Now, I have a full blown ear infection raging...

So I guess my wife and son will have a great time diving! Not upset, just trying to figure out what I did to punish the scuba gods! :)

Bored and thought I'd write my little story... :dork2:

Jim

There's still time to maybe get your ear back in shape, run to the ENT and have them find out what's the problem. Possibly a good dose of antibiotics could clear things up?
I know when I have a dive outing planned (like this weekend!) I try to stay away from people with cold and we'll start taking zycam or airborne at the first hint of any problem. I keep some ear antibiotics on hand and I have been an advocate of using Otic Domborro (or similar) for years.
Good luck, hope your ear heals overnite.

Thanks Michael... I was able to get into a doc on Monday afternoon. Sinus infection plus lots of red fluid behind the ear drum so she put me on septra and corticosteroids for the inflammation. She's a diver too and recommended staying top side... Pain is going away but still very packed up so I think I will drink a beer, wear my speedo, and embarrass the family! Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it! I'll post pictures of the speedo... :)

by the way, what is otic domberro?

The best thing I ever did for my ears and infection was have a doctor tell me to quit using q-tips. My swimmers ear problems have all but ended in the last two years since I quit scraping out my ears with those things. Now I use a little soap and my finger to gently clear to outer edge of my ear canal- that's it. II= used to get horrible infections every month or two, but now have had only one mild infection in recent memory.

OK, now there is a speedo rule, especially when there are young children about. No speedo's are allowed on anyone over twenty pounds overweight
Edit post
Also if YOU can't see the speedo you're wearing, you need to wear board shorts, or a towel, or clothes, or "Good God man cover yourself!!!!"

Dam nit man... I seem to always break the rules with attire! Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom