Inn of Last Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perry,

We took our own spare batteries so I don't know if they are readily available locally.

We took a trip to West End once during the week. I was alittle diasppointed. I wanted to souveniour shop but it seemed like once you visited one gift shop, the others were all just alike. Some of the vendors do come to the inn during the week and display/sale their wares there also. The only other thing I saw that the town had to offer were dive shops (although they catered only to renting of gear and arranging charters) and restaurants.

IRL does have cigars on hand at the bar and the only rum I had was what Ziggy served me.

Hope this helps, have fun.

Pembina

As for souvemirs in Roatan, I agree once you have seen one gift shop you have basically seen them all!

As for equipment sales Sueno del Mar and Coconut Tree divers carry an extensive range of equipment from regs, computers, bcds, wetsuits, masks to small items like straps and defogger, to digital cameras! They do not have a large range of stock on display but just ask and you will be surprised by what they have in the stock room, all brand new with full manufacturer warranty. They/we are authorized dealers. In fact it is the retail side of Coconut Tree's business which is my main financial interest on the island!

Stayed at Las Rocas at West End 2/24-3/2. Nice cabanas with a/c (ours) and great ocean views, no TV, radio, clocks. Breakfasts included, lots of walk to dining options including 'Bite on the Beach' adjacent, Fosters and more a short walk. Water taxi to town $2 and Argentine Grill very good, sunset drinks at Eagle Rays bar. Dive boat primitive but Capt Reno 2nd generation dive captain and knows the dive sites and has GOOD JUDGEMENT on when and when not too rough or safe. Fabulous diving at a great price. Very laidback. One of our best dive vacations and recommend this resort

We are here and on our 2nd day of diving. No boat troubles so far. DM is not as good as last year and (horror of horrors) you actually have to take care of your own gear. Last time all you did was climb on the boat and check your tank pressure. Every thing else is the same - decent (not gourmet!) food and great staff/service in a laid back atmosphere. My new Mares V42 is working swell. I miss my Limited Edition though. More to follow.

Do they still have the power going out every day there? Last year it went out about 2x per day. Not sure if this has been fixed island-wide or not. (We didnt have any outages this year at FIBR but they may generate their own power).

Yesterday was a bit stormy (wind wise out of the east) and the waves were pretty rough. We didn't dive. Today we are diving the south side which is pretty smooth. Two dives this morning and but only three are returning for the afternoon dive. Power clicked on and off multiple times yesterday. I dunno if they switched to generator power or not. Last year when we where here we ran on the generator for 2 or 3 days straight. Today it is still a bit windy and rainy. Everything else is as it was last year.

I'm just glad I wasn't here with Delphinus' group the week it all came apart.

We got blown out Thursday the 20th and messy on Friday the 21st. We had an awesome night dive on the 19th (full moon so bright you could get by w/o your light). We had some good times in West End also. The people at ILR really do try to make your stay enjoyable. Someone stole my fins out of the dive shop the last day. We think we know who it was (2 suspects...both guests, not staff). One guy tried to steal my wife's mask and another tried to run off with our group leader's mask (he made him switch underwater!!). First time I've ever had anything stolen. Again, not the staff. Tell Ziggy and Howie "hi" for us!!

BhamFAL

who is your DM? When I was there a month ago, Jeromie took great care of us.

Jacquie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom