Diving in Talum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubba105

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Staying at Dreams Talum in August for a wedding. Figured every other day & possibly the wedding day would be dive days. I know Dreams Talum has a dive op. Haven't been able to find them on the internet. Has anyone used them or know of better ops in the Talum area? Don't know anything about the diving near Talum, if need be I'll rent a car for the week & make the trek to PDC to dive with Playacountryboy, which we may do a couple of times anyway.

Or this one:

HERE and HERE

Thanks, I did searches on here under Talum Diving, Dreams Talum & Talum, I got nothing. I guess I was being too specific. Thanks.

Thats because its spelt TULUM

LOL The bride just corrected me also. You were much nicer about it. :D Moron I think she called me. I knew that spelling somewhere in my life, getting old I guess.

Staying at Dreams Talum in August for a wedding. Figured every other day & possibly the wedding day would be dive days..... if need be I'll rent a car for the week & make the trek to PDC to dive with Playacountryboy, which we may do a couple of times anyway.

That drive takes longer than it looks. Rental cars don't drive well at faster speeds, many speed bumps (muertos), lights and traffic by PDC will slow you up. IMO, it would be fine for a day or two, but a week of it would be a drag on the vacation. The cenote dives in Akumal/Tulum area are great and close to you. Experience something new and try the cenotes.

Hi,

I have stayed at Dreams and Tulum pueblo. There is an excellent dive shop run By Tim Day called Maya Diving located at Dreams. Here is a link to their site. I have dived with them often and have always been more than satisfied. They launch their boats right from the beach at Dreams so you don't have to drive.

Maya Diving in Tulum: Diving and Snorkeling in Tulum Cenotes and Reefs and Dive Courses

If you want to reef or cenote dive they have...want to snorkel...they have it.

Tim has a large team of dive professionals. They are a PADI Gold Palm Resort with PADI Instructors and certified NACD (National Association of Cave Divers).

You will be very happy diving with them...when you're there, tell Tim that Sam recommended them and he will Charge you 10% more:rofl3:

They are just a great team to dive with.

Sam

There is an excellent highway from Tulum to Cancun...just a couple of topes (speed bumps) but it is 4 lanes from Playa to Dreams...An easy 40 to 60 min. drive. Just be careful of the speed trap as you enter Playa...It cost me $50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom