Grand Cayman - Solo Diver - 3 Day Itinerary Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd make advance plans at Eden Rock. The afternoon we were there, it was us and their counter employee. Most of their business is earlier in the morning when the cruisers are in port.

Although like ianr33 posted, I'd just skip it, the reefs are trashed and overdove. The cruise ships moor just offshore from there so there's a lot of junk on the bottom. And it's a 200 yd. walk from the cruise port so there's been a lot of divers on their reef over the decades. We also tried to avoid that area anytime the cruise ships were in port.

You may have a similar problem at Turtle Reef. We were the only ones there all afternoon mid-week.

Otoh at Sunset House just about everyone's a diver.

I too am going to GCM. Will be there May 6th thru 16th. Staying at Harbour View Apts near Georgetown. I dove at Eden Rocks on the Devil's Grotto when visiting on a cruise back in Feb and throughly enjoyed it. If you want a dive buddy for shore diving give me a PM.

Having researched Scubaboard I have come up with the following itinerary for a 5 day (3.5 days of busy diving) trip to Grand Cayman, in May 2008, (I will be a single diver, am PADI Advanced & Nitrox certified) and would appreciate some input - pros/cons - thanks

I arrive Monday May 12th at noon and fly out Friday evening for a 3.5 day dive trip to Grand Cayman in May (12-16th), staying at the Comfort Suites on 7-Mile Beach and will rent a car.

* Diving with Neptune Divers for three 2-tank morning dives Tues-Wed-Thur (?North wall and West boat dives)
* an afternoon dive at Stingray City with Neptune Divers
* 3 afternoon shore dives Mon-Thurs on my "own" (will use a guide or find a buddy)
- Devils Grotto - Eden Rock on arrival afternoon
- Turtle Beach at Cracked Conch with Divetech
- Sunset House
* and Two night Dives with Neptune Divers (Tues-Wed)

Thanks again
If you stay and dive with SunSet House or Cobalt Coast Dive Resort your shore diving is unlimited & free with the boat package and you would have no problem finding a dive buddy because their are divers always looking for buddys at these resorts. Divetech at Cobalt Coast Dive Resort also runs two one hour dive profiles on their boats for maxiumn bottom time and if you need a computer they provide a free rental, plus they dive the Northwall when ever weather permits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom