GUE-F with Ed Hayes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crlavoie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,
I'm taking GUE-F with Ed and PG Dive in May. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do the primer that they are recommending. Given that the program seems to vary regionally, I thought I would reach out to some of the locals that have taken Ed's course to see what advice you might offer in terms of preparation.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris

I can't speak specifically about his fundies course, but he did my OW cert and I'm sure he'll enjoy busting your stones if you don't complete every pre-rec he has listed. Ed is a great guy but is tough with very high expectations of his divers. I would try to be as prepared as possible. Make sure you give him grief about getting married!

I took his buoyancy1 course. I've been diving for 5 years now and was in that class with divers ranging from 10 - 300 dives. I achieved my goals/objectives and learned a lot. For the record I have not gone on to GUE-F at this point in time. But I highly recommend the course especially if you have any areas in your diving that need refining. And we all do. Like Ed says, "time in the water" is key. If you really can't swing B1 or B2 just find ways to get in the water and practice your basic skills with a like minded diver. Work on nailing your buoyancy skills so you're in the zone for GUE-F.

If it's at all possible, it's worth while to make his Buoyancy one course. You'll find it very beneficial once you reach Fundies.

Shane

Hi All,
I'm taking GUE-F with Ed and PG Dive in May. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do the primer that they are recommending. Given that the program seems to vary regionally, I thought I would reach out to some of the locals that have taken Ed's course to see what advice you might offer in terms of preparation.

Thanks,
Chris

I did the class at the tech level with Ed last year (I did not do any "primers" or buoyancy classes prior to this, but for some/many they could be useful). Great, great course. My advice: get in the water *now* with local GUE divers. If you want to dive, PM me. I'd also suggest getting in the water with Ed if possible before the class (something I found useful).

Hi All,

Thanks,
Chris

Well rested.
Open mind.
ready to work.

everything else will take care of itself...

-Dennis

Back
Top Bottom