I need a large watch band - advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcahill129

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own a Seiko "Dive 200m" divers watch. The original band fits my naked wrist just fine. However, I can't get it around my wirst when wearing either my 7mm wet suit or my dry suit. Do you know of an after market watch strap that will solve this problem?

Thanks -
Dennis

Here you go. I plan toget the one styled on the one used in the James Bond movie.

zulu

If the watch had a rubber strap,you can get a strap extender.
A simple piece of strap with a buckle.

hope it helps,

I also have the same problem with my dive watch while using my dry suit. Finaly I just put it on the the retractor with my SPG when I dive. Works just fine for me.

Here you go. I plan toget the one styled on the one used in the James Bond movie.

zulu
Nice find, thanks Nismo :)
... just wish that the long 17" band was a "four buckle" type like the Waterborne or the Calico Jack.. the two buckle will still will retain your watch if you lose a pin though

I have a bunch of "Zulu" straps which are great for dive watches - just like the Waterborne style where it threads between the pins and under the back of the watch in case you break a pin.

They make an extra long one which would work for you. I've bought stuff from these guys and they are a good site - real watch enthusiasts:

(scroll down to "Nitrox 17 extreme")

*** edit ***
sorry - just saw that link to countycom's site. They are also a good place to buy watch stuff. I bought my Marathon SAR watch there (which, incidentally, is an awesome dive watch!) Looks like the Broadarrow site is a 4 buckle and the Countycom is a 2 buckle.
*** edit off ***

maratac

nitrox.jpg

I own a Seiko "Dive 200m" divers watch. The original band fits my naked wrist just fine. However, I can't get it around my wirst when wearing either my 7mm wet suit or my dry suit. Do you know of an after market watch strap that will solve this problem?

Thanks -
Dennis

Are you planning to use the watch only for diving, if not it gets annoying switching watch bands, the longer one will be too long for walking around town. The rubber band expander is a simple solution.

The 17" Nitrox Large strap I bought from CountyComm is indeed a 4-buckle strap, just like the Waterborne:

http://www.countycomm.com/NITROX2LARGE.jpg

I also bought one of the James Bond straps, and that's fine for everyday use, but still too short to fit well over a suit of any kind: I like to secure the tag end of the strap by running it back through the two buckles. That way, even if the pin in the buckle that goes through the strap fails, the strap will remain closed.

As for switching between bands, it takes all of 30 seconds (or less), since I'm just running the nylon strap under the pins. No pin removal needed.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom