Bang Stick wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a NRA Golden Eagle and Life member, so I am certainly not left of center bay a league! I have been diving 36 years this year and have been in the water without cage or bang stick with 16ft Great White, Mako, Great Hammerheads, Scalloped Hammers, 12ft Tigers, Bulls, White tips, Grays, Silkies, Big-snout sharks, Nurse, Horn, Leopard, Angel, Black tips, Sand Tigers, Lemon, and Whale! At no time have I ever felt the need for a Bang Stick! These are magnificent animals that have very little interest in eating divers! They are cowards for the most part like Hyenas and other scavengers.... They hit and run after surveying the potential meal! They can't afford to get hurt during feeding and this is why you see circling of prey looking for an opportunity, weakness, or opening! So don't look or act like food or prey and you won't be seen that way!

NRA Golden Life Member-That's Awesome! I know what my answer would be but I've got to ask a brethren. What would you rather shoot:

A. An angry shark

B. A Hobo

Bang sticks were showing up on ebay regular. I would call around some of the Gulf Coast Dive shops as well.

I don't have any, I don't have any spear guns either. I just got my big knife, if he eats me it is gonna hurt--him and me.

Just last week on the Oriskany I looked up and on the edge of vision was a fairly large bull. That is what I thought it was anyways. Only one of the other divers glimpsed him and then he was gone. Now, I am sure he hung around but maybe not. I always figured I encountered sharks on many dives, I just never saw them--but they see me and you. Griz worries me a lot more than sharks, when hiking in griz country I have been known to carry a large caliber hand gun--a really large one. Sharks nah, they are just big puppy dogs. LOL

Walter, I hear you man, that was the story I was about to break into and then said never mind--but---my Toyota was attacked by a brown bear with me in it. Well, I barely was in it. Toyotas, proven meteor proof and bear proof.

N

its tudes like this that give divers a bad name. by the way im a tourist...

A little food for thought. Whenever we go camping, diving, rock climbing, etc, there will always be some inherent risk whether it is getting lost, dcs, falling, or encountering dangerous wildlife. Looking at wildlife encounters in particular, we have to remember that we are entering their element and we aren't always the top of the chain.

Everyone also assumes that someone wants a bangstick for sharks.
You obviously are not from the south/s. East. We got other critters that lurk in the water...gators!!
I am just like a boyscout...always prepare Just like my CHL (Concealed Handgun License) or my life insurance...I have it but don't ever want to have to use it... but if so, I am ready and willing.
Any NRA person should understand that.

I do, I have also come back from a cave dive to find a gator at the opening! You poke them a bit and man they take off fast! :D:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom