Atomic Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic has a lifetime warranty on all parts with the exception of mouthpieces,hoses,o-rings,filters and seats . I have had my reg serviced by Atomic they do a great job. They made it look brand new , new face plate , stuff like that and they charged me a flat rate

Atomic has a lifetime warranty on all parts with the exception of mouthpieces,hoses,o-rings,filters and seats . I have had my reg serviced by Atomic they do a great job. They made it look brand new , new face plate , stuff like that and they charged me a flat rate

Do you mean you sent the regs directly to Atomic? And, how much was the flat rate?

I picked up my B2 a couple of days ago. My LDS had to order it from Atomic, cause they didn't have the DIN model in stock. As soon as I get over my cold (talk about bad timing), I'll try it out. I post back how it does.

awshay, has your B2 arrived yet?

Ron

Other than higher service cost, is there a disadvantage to installing the environmental seal on a B2 which is used only in warm, salt water tropics? Same breathing performance?

From my read of the forums, I conclude that there may be no compelling reason to install the environmental kit for my type of diving ... does that sound right??

I came upon this thread while doing a search so rather than starting a new one let me append my question since most here would be Atomic users. My local Atomic dealer went under and the next closest Atomic dealer sends their service work out. That is a layer of complication I can do without. If I have to send it out I want to be the person sending it.

Originally I was going to ask for a service shop referral here (West Coast) but then noticed the note from just-a-diver that Atomic directly serviced his regs. The Atomic website has no support info so I guess one has to call them to arrange that? I will check to see if they still do that. I would still appreciate anyone letting me know of a shop they are particularly happy with. I can look up the contact info at the dealer page. Name and city are all I need and technician name if handy. Thanks!

Here is the reply I received from an Atomic rep that posts here on the forums. It has all the info you need to send in your regs directly to Atomic and have them serviced. I'll just say that when mine came back - you probably would not be able to tell them apart from brand new ones - and they were scratched up pretty good. I sent them out and had them back in under two weeks, I think. Here's the pm:

With you not having a dealer near by your best bet is to send it straight here for a service. We do a really good job (of course) they compleley pull everything a part and start over w/ all new orings, washers, lube etc. We also chamber test to 150ft along w/ bench testing. When you get it back, we give you new front covers, and replace any scratched parts so it looks brand new!
The cost for 1st & 2nd is $125 and it takes only a few days to turn around. YOu can send it to 16742 Burke Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92647 - Attn: Jason. Be sure to include your name, address and phone number. Jason (our tech) will contact you direct.
Cheers,
Darcy

I came upon this thread while doing a search so rather than starting a new one let me append my question since most here would be Atomic users. My local Atomic dealer went under and the next closest Atomic dealer sends their service work out. That is a layer of complication I can do without. If I have to send it out I want to be the person sending it.

Originally I was going to ask for a service shop referral here (West Coast) but then noticed the note from just-a-diver that Atomic directly serviced his regs. The Atomic website has no support info so I guess one has to call them to arrange that? I will check to see if they still do that. I would still appreciate anyone letting me know of a shop they are particularly happy with. I can look up the contact info at the dealer page. Name and city are all I need and technician name if handy. Thanks!

Another option is Scubatoys here in Dallas. They are a certified Atomic dealer and service provider. They don't sell the regs through the website but you can get them serviced.

Thanks, DiverMo and ZzzKing, all good info. In a wierd way I sort of like the cosmetic dings and things so would be more inclined to want to just pay for the internal stuff. And, actually, one of my regs was purchased from ScubaToys the last time I was in Dallas. I thought they had told me at the time they only service Atomic units they sell, though. Doesn't make sense since service is such a profit center. I will check on that.

Hi, my name is John Iguel, and I am from the Northern Marianas Islands also known as Saipan. Saipan is about 45 minute plain ride from Guam and is also under the U.S. territory. I work for a government agency called Division of Environmental Quality (DEQ) under the Marine Monitring program. Basically we conduct marine surveys all around the Marianas islands, that requires alot of scuba diving. Eversince back in 2004, we purchased six (6) Atomic Ti2 Taitainium regulators, and since then every year we send our regulators to Guam for service cause it's the closest to our vicinty. Unfortunately the company that was doing the service for our regs has move out of the island and we have nobody to service our regs. It is a major concern of ours that our regs are serviced every year.

So my question is; Do you know if anyone offers hands on training for Atomic Ti2 Taitainium regulators around my vicinity? I would like to do the service myself for our own safety and conviency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom